April 3, 2010 in Gaming (F)
[prMac.com] Scarborough Maine - Lost Luggage Studios releases v1.2 of "Catalyst Deluxe", a tough-to-beat solitaire card game based on the 10-20-30 style, and is available now. Match three cards whose face values add up to either 10, 20, or 30. Aces are worth 1 point and face cards are worth 10. Difficulty can be modified by beginning with either 5, 7, or 9 columns. The object is to remove all the columns from play. There are 2 challenging game styles to choose from either with or without the jokers as wild cards.
* Two rule sets - Classic 10-20-30 rules plus our alternate Catalyst rules. Choose to play with or without jokers
* Six sets of card graphics
* High score tracking and win/loss statistics
* 15 original backgrounds
* 21 card backs
* Features original music by Bill Bois
* Language Support - Built-in support for multiple language files
* Multiple screen resolutions - runs in 800x600 for compatibility with older machines, up to 1920x1200 for higher end machines
New version supports Apple Mac OSX (Snow Leopard), as well as Windows 7 and Linux operating systems (32-bit & 64-bit). Updated card graphics to draw the numbers at run time, making them more readable in all resolutions. A limited "Undo" button, to back out a recent deal, makes those annoying missed matches accessible.
Pricing and Availability:
Catalyst Deluxe has been, and will remain, free. A smaller update package is available if you currently have the Windows version of Catalyst Deluxe installed.
An independent software and game developer based in Maine and established in 2008. Projects include many small software utilities and two games. Their goal is to create games that are fun to play and utilities that are easy to use and useful.