April 7, 2010 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Austin, Texas - Intego, the Mac security specialist, today announced the release of VirusBarrier X6 10.6.5, a free maintenance update to its acclaimed anti-malware and network protection tool. In addition to improving performance and reliability, VirusBarrier X6 now scans iPads for malware and malicious files. VirusBarrier X6 was the first anti-malware program to scan iPhones and iPod touches, and is now the first to scan the iPad.
In addition to iPad compatibility, VirusBarrier X6 adds the following features:
* A new option allows users to submit URLs that are flagged as web threats or phishing sites to Intego for analysis
* A contextual menu in the log allows users to add sites flagged as web threats or phishing sites to the Trusted Sites list
* A button in the web threat and phishing alerts allows users to add sites to the Trusted Sites list
* A button in the behavioral analysis alert allows users to trust an application
* An "Always require a password to access the interface" checkbox has been added to the advanced preferences.
* A new advanced scan option allows users to skip Boot Camp volumes during malware scans
* Minor bug corrections and performance enhancements
Pricing and Availability:
VirusBarrier X6 10.6.5 is available now. This version is a free upgrade for all users of VirusBarrier X6, and is available for download via NetUpdate, Intego's automatic update tool.
Intego develops and sells desktop Internet security and privacy software for Macintosh. Intego provides the widest range of software to protect users and their Macs from the dangers of the Internet. Intego's multilingual software and support repeatedly receives awards from Mac magazines, and protects more than one million users in over 60 countries. Intego has headquarters in the USA, France and Japan.