April 9, 2010 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Beaumont, Texas - With the release of iPhone OS 4, Pocket Watch LLC will continue to bring you new and exciting features to let you print. Whether you use an iPhone, an iPad, an iPod touch, or all of the above you will be able to print from it with ActivePrint. With your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch you can print many of the popular office documents such as word processor files (.doc, .docx, .rtf, and others), spreadsheets (.xls and .xlsx), presentations (.ppt and .pptx), and PDF documents.
Add to that the ability to print photos, contacts, notes, web pages, and more to any printer that you can connect to a Windows PC! It doesn't matter what printer you have. Print while you're on the go with ActivePrint on your iPhone OS 4 device!
Here are some of the features available in this new version of ActivePrint 7 for your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad:
* Print office documents like word processor documents, spreadsheets, presentations, and more
* Print photos from your photo album or your device's camera
* Print the contents of your device's clipboard, letting you easily print content from other apps!
* Print contacts from the address book and web pages
* Print plain text from a built in notepad screen
* Support for multiple copies, portrait/landscape printing, different quality of printing, and color or black & white printing
* Print via any internet connect (Wi-Fi or EDGE/3G network)
* Support for practically any printer available in the market
* iPad: iPhone OS 3.2
* iPhone/iPod touch: iPhone OS 3.1
* A printer connected to a Windows PC via USB/WiFi/Network
Pricing and Availability:
A free lite version of ActivePrint 7.3 will be available worldwide exclusively through the AppStore in the Productivity category. Unlock the full features through an InApp purchase for only $3.99 (USD).
Founded in 2002 as Pocket Watch Software by Charles W. Teel, our company launched what has continued to be our lead product, ActivePrint. Charles developed the idea of ActivePrint as a college student after getting his first Pocket PC. In class he would write pages and pages of notes on his Pocket PC but would have to manually copy those files to his desktop computer and then print them one at a time. Frustrated, he looked for a software alternative to make this process simpler. But the closest thing he could find would require another $400 of hardware and software, and even then it wouldn't fully automate the process. So Charles set out to develop ActivePrint, the first and only mobile printing application that gives users the ability to print right out of the box at an affordable price (even for college students). Pocket Watch Software continued to develop the ActivePrint technology to make it more effective. After reorganizing Pocket Watch Software to Pocket Watch LLC, we continue the legacy of making technology work for our customers. Copyright (C) 2010 Pocket Watch Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.