May 11, 2010 in Promotions (E)
[prMac.com] Windham, Maine - Decimus Software announced today the inclusion of Screen Mimic in TheMacBundles's $49.95 May bundle. Screen Mimic is the only screen recording application for Mac that exports not only in the modern H.264 video format, but also in the more broadly-compatible Flash video formats, allowing your videos to be viewed by a wider audience.
Screen Mimic allows you to create screencasts (recordings of your Mac OS X desktop) that can be saved as Adobe Flash (SWF), Flash Video (FLV), or Quicktime (MOV) files. These files can be easily uploaded to a website, used in a kiosk system, and many other ways. It's useful for creating screen recordings, flash demos, software training videos, application demos, and more.
* Records your full desktop, or a window or other restricted area
* Can show mouse movement and visually display clicks (or hide the cursor altogether)
* Pause recording and resume later, optionally showing a transition in between
* Record a voiceover using your system's microphone, or use an audio file as a background track
* Easy to use interface
* Generates basic webpages to show the videos, so it's easy to get the video onto your website even if you don't know HTML
* Exports in Adobe Flash (SWF), Flash Video (FLV), and Quicktime (MOV) formats
TheMacBundles is offering Screen Mimic and 11 other applications in a bundle for only $49.95 (USD), a discount of over 80% compared to purchasing them individually. The bundle comes with a 30-day money back guarantee, and all product licenses are eligible for the same upgrade benefits that apply to users who pay the full retail price.
Decimus Software was formed in 2003 as a grad school hobby, and has grown into a full-time, multi-person indie Mac development shop. Decimus makes Synk, their flagship line of backup and synchronization products, DTerm, a pop-up, context-sensitive command line, and Screen Mimic, a screen capture application with native Flash export. Decimus also provides contract development services, and has produced everything from device drivers for hard drives and glucometers to full design and development of applications.