May 10, 2010 in User Groups (F)
[prMac.com] Melbourne, Australia - AppleUsers.org has announced that the April/May 2010 issue of their digital format magazine, AppleUsers Spotlight, is now publicly available for the wider Apple community to download free of charge. Whilst they acknowledge that the publication of the April/May issue was 'ever so slightly' delayed this time, they think you'll enjoy the 60-page bumper issue now that it is finally here.
Articles in this issue include;
* About The Smith Family - Provides some details about what this independent children's charity does. (Nicholas' Dashboard also explains why AppleUsers.org has adopted The Smith Family as our preferred charity to support)
* How Apple Changed My Life - One person's experiences with over 40 years of computers and more than 20 years with Apple devices.
* Creativity @ AUSOM in its 30th Year - explains what Australia's Largest Apple User Group did to celebrate 30 years of existence
* Bookmarks in Safari (Part 1) - Explains how to use the Bookmarks Bar
* Publishing iCalendars - Explains who to create and publish iCals to the Web for others to subscribe to
* Keyboard Kool - Helps you finds those special symbols or text characters
* Four Changes We Want to See from Apple in 2010 - The name says it all
* Amazon Releases Kindle for the Mac and Explains iPad Plans
* Zombie Authors Threaten Fiction Ebook Market, from the Grave! - Explains how hundreds of thousands of books are now available in ebook format - yet their authors have passed away!
* Transferring Vinyl LPs to Digital - One users' approach to this perennial topic of interest for many
* The MacBundles Launches a New Low-Price 'Build Your Own Bundle' Store
Their regular columns are also present, including;
* AppleUsers Contest, which a great selection of applications, physical books, ebooks and Squiz Cards all up for grabs
* Joy of Tech has another iPad related cartoon, this time 'explaining' why the iPad has been delayed internationally
* Our resident Spotlight Cook provides an appropriately named dish - 'Apple Fool'
* The What's New section has been broken up into two segments - What's New for iPhones and What's New for Macs
* Book Reviews of
- Macworld Mac OS X Hints Superguide, Snow Leopard Edition
- Take Control of Screen Sharing in Snow Leopard
- Layout in Pages '09: The Missing Manual
- The Non-Designer's Presentation Book: Principles for effective presentation design
- Publishing a Blog with Blogger
* Christopher Breen's Mac 911
* Discount Corner
* Two AppleUsers Discs of the Month - the 'Ultimate iLife & iWork Companion' and 'Widgets, Widgets & more Widgets!'
The April/May 2010 issue of the AppleUsers Spotlight is now available for immediate download, free of charge, as a 7.4MB PDF.
The next issue is due out mid-June.
AppleUsers.org is a volunteer organization that acts as a central location for the Committees, Editors, Web Masters and other Leaders of Australian Apple User Groups to find useful resources. We represent nearly thirty active Apple Users Groups, based all around Australia, with a combined membership in excess of five thousand Apple Enthusiasts and Users. AppleUsers publishes a 30 page, digital format magazine, every second month for all Apple enthusiasts and eleven times a year we compile a unique Disc of the Month for distribution via participating Australian Apple User Groups. The AppleUsers Spotlight is written and produced by Apple Users for Apple Users and we select the best articles from our own Australian contributors and from the best international sources.