May 12, 2010 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Newark, NJ - TapFactory, the mobile development company that brought sticky notes to the iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad, announced today the release of their new version of the Stick It app. Made famous for allowing users to create beautiful, creative notes and reminders wallpapers for their Lockscreen, Stick It now offers the ability to easily swap notes between iPhones, iPod touches, and iPads utilizing the popular Bump(TM) technology. To celebrate this release Stick It is on sale until Sunday, May 16th 2010.
"We are very excited to now offer an easy solution for people to share notes with other devices." explained Cameron Smith, partner in TapFactory. Mr. Smith continued, "Because of the architecture of the iPhone OS, many users find it difficult or cumbersome to share content between devices. And now with the iPad, users have been looking for a bridge between their iPad and iPhone or iPod touch. With the new version of Stick It, users can share their notes and reminders easily between devices. This opens a whole new arena of usefulness to Stick It."
Utilizing the Bump(TM) Technologies API, Stick It users can link two devices running Stick It by bumping them together. Once connected, users can then share notes in a fun gesture by tapping and flinging a note in the direction of the other device.
* Stick It on sale at $.99 through Sunday, May 16th 2010 only
* Available for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Share notes with other devices running Stick It with Bump(TM) technology
* 30+ styles of notes, papers, and objects you can add text to ranging from multi-colored Post It notes, a variety of scrap papers, speech bubbles, and signs
* Organize notes into categories
* Over 8,000 backgrounds to choose from including beautifully designed textures such as quarkboard, wood, metal, and paper, as well as solid colors, and the ability to use any photo from your Photo library
* Full customization of your notes with multiple font styles, sizes and colors to choose from
* Save notes into categories
* "Quick note" feature to add a note in a single tap
* Preview feature which allows you to preview your Lockscreen and Homescreen with your current Stick It layout to give you an idea of how it will look without having to leave the app
* Email your notes directly from the app
Since its release in June of 2009, Stick It has garnered over 600,000 downloads and has been a fixture in the Top 100 Utilities. Stick It is a utility app that allows users to quickly and easily take notes, customize their look, and create wallpapers for the device's Lockscreen to use as reminders, fulfilling the need for quick-look reminders without having to unlock the device.
"We're constantly pushing the iPhone/iPod touch/iPad platform to add functionality that makes the device more fun and useful in people's daily lives," says TapFactory, "and if we've achieved that with a little $.99 app then we are fulfilled."
Founded in 2008, TapFactory develops apps for the iPhone and iPod touch that are elegant, intuitive, and designed with the end user in mind. Our philosophy is to strike a harmonious balance between form and function that lives up to the Apple legacy. The company is based in Newark, NJ. Copyright (C) 2008-2010 TapFactory. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.