June 10, 2010 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] San Francisco, California - The highly rated tactical strategy game Battle for Wesnoth continues its tradition of monthly updates, this time adding a new undead campaign with more than 10 hours of gameplay, along with a slew of user requested features such as time of day terrain shading.
Wesnoth is the official port of a gigantic, complex and detailed full-scale strategy-RPG. It boasts the most content of any iPhone game, now weighing in at 18 full length campaigns and over 300 hours of gameplay. Players have fallen in love with the deep strategy and epic storyline, proclaiming it one of the best games ever released on the iPhone.
New features in Episode 5: The Dark Hordes
* new undead campaign with 10 hours of gameplay
* bonus game: "Solo Tower Defence"
* massive framerate increase!!
* saved game syncing with desktop versions
* full in-game unit info popups
* time of day terrain shading
* can quickly double tap to move
* reduced loading times
* redone "choose an option" dialog, to make way for more RPG campaigns
* fixed all terrain rendering glitches
* iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad with OS 3.0 or later
Pricing and Availability:
Battle for Wesnoth is only $4.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games: RPG category. Promo codes are available upon request for qualified reviewers.
Copyright (C) 2010 Wesnoth, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.