January 22, 2008 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Provo, Utah - January 22, 2008 - e3 Software is proud to announce Direct Mail 2.0, a major update to their incredibly popular mailing list management and mail delivery application for Mac OS X. Offering a rich set of easy to use tools, user-friendly interface and powerful delivery engine, Direct Mail is one of the best list management and mail delivery platforms available.
Direct Mail offers intuitive, user-friendly access to powerful mailing list management tools, allowing users to stay in touch with contacts quickly and easily without worrying about the details of mail server configurations.
This marks the first major release in over a year. Version 2.0 includes over 50 enhanced or new features, Leopard ready, and is now offered in two flavors: Basic and Pro.
Direct Mail Basic contains all the great features from previous versions, plus some new additions:
* Multiple SMTP account support for sending mail from multiple email addresses
* Blacklists for excluding email addresses
* Table-based message layout
* Advanced mail-merge logic using embedded PHP
For those that need even more power, Direct Mail Pro includes the following additional features:
* Email Tracking: Discover and chart who reads the message and when. Track click-throughs and bounces.
* Automated Subscriber Lists: Mailing lists that manage themselves. People subscribe using their web browser, and new subscribers show up automatically in Direct Mail.
* Junk Mail Scanner: Prevent messages from being marked as junk before they're even sent.
* Inbox Scanning: Automatically check incoming email for bounced messages, subscribe, or unsubscribe requests.
* Group Collaboration: Share and edit address groups with other Direct Mail users in real time.
* e3 Delivery Service: Let e3 Software's powerful, robust servers handle the work of sending mail. No more troubles with ISPs or messages going straight to the junk mail folder.
The new e3 Delivery Service takes over the work of merging the user's message with email addresses, freeing up the user's computers to do other work. e3 servers are affordable, robust and dedicated to email delivery around the clock. e3 Delivery Service is available to Direct Mail Pro users on a subscription basis. For a limited time, users may purchase Direct Mail Pro and get a free six-month trial.
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 or higher
* Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) compatible
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 12 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Direct Mail 2.0 is available in Basic and Pro versions. Full-featured demos are available for download from the e3 Software website. A Direct Mail Basic license is priced at $59.99 USD, and the Direct Mail Pro license is priced at $119.99 USD. Upgrade licenses are available for Direct Mail 1.x users starting at $29.99.
The e3 Delivery Service is available to Direct Mail Pro users on a subscription basis. For a limited time, there is also a promotional free six-month trial for those who purchase Direct Mail Pro.
Located in Provo, Utah, e3 Software was founded by Jonathan Hammer in 2002 with the aim of developing best-of-breed software for the Macintosh. Copyright 2002-2008 e3 Software All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.