June 23, 2010 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Pomaz, Hungary - Announcing that DIRE Studio, the developer of Viewfinder Cine, has released the latest update for iPhone users. This photography app is the only one of its kind to integrate auto-focus, auto-exposure, and wide angle capability in an easy to use format. Viewfinder Cine 1.0.3 combines the high tech features of a director's viewfinder with the simplicity of a cardboard cutout, and brings it all to the iPhone with simple, gesture based controls. Whether a user shoots on film or digital media, this app has them covered. Viewfinder Cine 1.0.3 supports nearly every camera on the market, today, including generic cameras.
Photographers and cinematographers have long relied on viewfinders to visualize their subject, compose a shot, or choose the right lens for a particular situation. Lacking a professional director's viewfinder, they've been known to use cardboard cutouts, or even their own fingers to frame a shot.
With Viewfinder Cine 1.0.3 on their iPhone a user can easily scout a new location, compose their shots in advance, and choose the right focal length for each shot before they even reach for their equipment bag. In fact, with the ability to save each shot as a photo, complete with all of the selected focal length frame lines and GPS coordinates, the user doesn't even need their equipment until shooting day.
Here are some of the features that make Viewfinder Cine the number 1 viewfinder app:
* Supports 2x anamorphic and 1.3x anamorphic (e.g. Hawk) lenses
* Support for generic camera formats in case your camera is not on the list
* Camera list can be filtered by still and motion picture (video) recording capabilities
* Three user-defined custom lens focal lengths per camera in case your lens is not listed
* In addition to the native camera aspect ratio you can compose with 4:3, 1.37:1, 1.66:1, 16:9 (1.78.1), 1.85:1, 2:1, 2.2:1, 2.39:1 for motion picture cameras and 3:2, 4:3, 5:4, 1:1 for still cameras
* Support for iPhone wide angle adapters, such as the OWLE
* You can save the current view as a photo for later reference. GPS coordinates and non-native aspect ratios are recorded on saved images
* Digital zoom in the range of 0.7x - 3x
* When you zoom smaller than 100% a virtual frame appears so you can see what's just outside of the largest frame the iPhone camera could record
* Simulate cardboard cutout finder by dimming the space outside of the selected lens frame lines
* Auto-focus and auto-exposure on the iPhone 3GS
"As a working photographer I've used several tools for composition: cut-out cardboard "finders", compact cameras and even traditional director's viewfinders. With the arrival of iPhone OS 3.1 everything came together to be able to produce an iPhone version of the traditional thing." Says Laszlo Pusztai, the developer of Viewfinder Cine.
The latest version of the app includes even more support for cinematic and motion picture equipment because, according to Pusztai- "We've received lots of requests from cinematographers to support the equipment they use (digital and traditional film based cinema cameras) and the TV/cinema aspect ratios."
Until now, one of the biggest handicaps for viewfinder apps has been the iPhone camera itself. With a focal length comparable to a 35mm lens, other apps in this category have failed to deliver wide angle functionality. By adding a feature that supports iPhone wide angle adapters, Viewfinder Cine had bridged this gap, and remains the only iPhone app to offer wide angle capability.
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1 or later
* 700 KB on disk, 449 KB download size
Pricing and Availability:
Viewfinder Cine 1.0.3 is $21.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
DIRE Studio started more than a year ago, focusing on photography instruction to help photographers navigate through the digital revolution in photography. We teach digital photography workshops as prominent as Epson Print Academy in Hungary. With 9 years of photographic experience and more than 15 years spent in the IT industry we just entered the market of photographic tools. Our goal is to provide revolutionary tools made possible by digital technologies - be it software or hardware. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover & Edward Turner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.