June 29, 2010 in Photo and Video (E)
[prMac.com] Prague, Czech Republic - Today Sarsoft released its new version of Geotag Photos 2.1 - iPhone application for automatic geotagging of photos taken by any (DSLR or compact one) camera. This new version supports iPhone OS 4 multitasking, so that it can run on background, when user is using any other application. As our celebration of iOS 4 release will be full version of Geotag Photos on Wednesday 06/30 for $0.99 (USD) only.
Geotagging of photos is getting more and more popular - with support of photo organization software (Apple iPhoto, Aperture or Google Picasa) or social online services (like Flickr) it helps people to improve organization of their photos and share them together with location data. However, most cameras cannot record location itself, as this would require a costly, built-in GPS system. Geotag Photos provides a simple solution to this problem. It uses the GPS capabilities of the iPhone to record a log of the user's location at specified time intervals. Sarsoft's desktop app then uses the uploaded log to match log entries with the time each photo was captured by any (DSLR or compact one) camera.
New version of Geotag Photos is using multitasking functionality of iPhone OS 4. User can start Geotag Photos to automatically store their locations in specified time intervals, but this application is not required to run on foreground any more. "We've tested more methods how to run Geotag Photos on background and choose best one to preserve iPhone battery life", said Jindrich Sarson, company director of Sarsoft.
First version of Geotag Photos was released 2 months ago and since this time, Sarsoft prepared 4 new versions based on feedback from users - professional and amateur photographers.
* Geotag Photos 2.1 enables addition of geospatial metadata to digital photos taken by any (DSLR or compact one) camera
* Exact locations are logged at user-set intervals by iPhone application
* Geotag Photos offers various logging modes, from continuous to manual
* Sarsoft's desktop app matches logged location data with photos taken by any camera and saves location data in standard metadata format
* Desktop application supports all major operating systems (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux)
* support of .JPG and RAW file formats (more than 20 file formats - like NEF, DC2, DCW, ...)
* export of location data to GPX standard format
* Photos can be searched or sorted by location after tagging using wide range of viewing applications - such as iPhoto or Aperture on Mac OS X or Picasa on Windows and Linux
* FREE lite version is available - for customers to test all features before buy
Pricing and Availability:
Geotag Photos 2.1 is only $2.99 (USD), and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photography category. Lite version of Geotag Photos is free of charge. As our iOS4 celebration, application price will be lowered as low as $0.99 (USD) for whole day on Wednesday 06/30. Free lite version to evaluate all functionalities is also available. Geotag Photos is now available in English, German and Czech language. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Prague, Czech Republic, Sarsoft is a software development company specializing in applications for mobile operating systems, including Apple iPhone, Google Android and Windows Mobile. The company was founded in 2009 by Jindrich and Jan Sarson, and markets 6 innovative products, so far. Copyright (C) 2010 Sarsoft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPhoto are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Android and Picasa are trademarks of Google, Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft, Inc. Flickr is a trademark of Yahoo, Inc.