June 29, 2010 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] Mons, Belgium - Creaceed releases an iOS4 speech recognition SDK which can be used by all developers to design distinctive iPhone and iPad applications. Creaceed's CeedVocal SDK supports isolated words recognition from a list of up to 5,000 words, and keyword spotting. The SDK is available in 6 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish and Italian). As no training is required from the end user, speech recognition is ready to use as soon as the app is launched.
What is CeedVocal SDK?
* Is a multi-locutor Automatic Speech Recognition SDK
* Supports iOS4
* Is optimized for all iOS devices (iPhone and iPad)
* Is provided as a static library with header files. The programming language of the SDK is Objective-C.
* Is provided as a Universal Binary library (armv6/armv7/i386) for easier setup within the Simulator (iOS4.0 SDK required for development but deployment possible on iOS3 devices)
* Is based on the acoustic models developed by Creaceed in English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish and Italian
* Supports isolated words recognition from a user provided list of up to 5,000 words, and keyword spotting (no training required)
* Provides voice activity detection (VAD)
* Is optimized for fast launching
Several iOS apps use CeedVocal SDK for integrating voice commands:
* Geo Magazine by Prisma Presse
* Go-2-Voicemail by Jeezum.com
* MyShop'list by Auchan
* Nigella Quick Collection by Random House
* Parkay Talking Tub(R) by Rawle Murdy
* Txt'nDrive Pro by Handsfree Software
* Vocalia by Creaceed
* Voice Camera Pro by The Sanctuary...
* US English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish and Italian
Pricing and Availability:
iPhone developers can purchase a license either for developing a single application, or for developing an unlimited number of applications. The licensing scheme includes no royalties (even if CeedVocal SDK is integrated in a paid app). For more information about the SDK Fee and SDK License Pricing, see Creaceed's website.
Creaceed, a Belgian company with a passionate team experienced in signal and image processing, provides intuitive and easy to use creative applications to Mac professionals and consumers: Hydra, for HDR image creation from regular photos; Morph Age, for morphing and warping images and movies; Elasty HD, for adding special effects to QuickTime movies with motion-tracking features; and Prizmo, for performing OCR on scanned documents and pictures taken with a digital camera. Creaceed also provides Vocalia, a speech recognition application in 6 languages, to iPhone users, and a speech recognition SDK to iOS developers. Copyright 2008-2010 Creaceed. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.