February 3, 2008 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] Union City, CA - February 3, 2008 - SubRosaSoft Inc. announces the immediate availability of version 6.1.5 of it's entire Salvage range of products. This latest generation of Mac OS X software provides Leopard compatibility, autosaving searches, a more robust preview engine, and more powerful data recovery engine.
OfficeSalvage, PodSalvage, and CameraSalvage join FileSalvage in the new generation of extremely powerful data recovery tools designed to restore files that have been accidentally deleted, become unreadable due to media faults, or stored on a device before it was re-initialized or formatted. The entire range is device and file system independent, allowing the users to recover files from a normal Mac OS hard drive, USB key, Linux disk, Windows drive, FLASH card, scratched CD, and almost any other media or file system that can be recognized in Mac OS X.
With the release of the new generation, these products are now all compatible with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Apple's newest operating system. A more robust preview engine makes previewing corrupt and large files more reliable. The new autosave feature allows the user to save their search so they may come back to a previous search without re-scanning the drive.
Written specifically for Mac OS X, the Salvage applications includes powerful features that give the user excellent flexibility and control in data recovery:
* Risk free trial version - see what data can be recovered before you purchase.
* Easy-to-use interface - reduces data recovery process to a few clicks.
* Improved file preview - preview engine has been upgraded to be more robust.
* File renamer - reconstructs file names of the popular file formats (JPEG, MP3, M4A, etc…).
* Device and file system independent - allows recovery from almost any media.
* Works on faulty hardware - recovers data from mechanically unsound disks or corrupted devices.
* Safety first - never writes to the disk or device being salvaged from.
* Embedded file recovery - search for files that have been embedded inside other files.
* Searches free space - scan only where known files are not, to speed recovery and narrow search results.
SubRosaSoft Salvage software requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or above (built for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard). For more information on The Salvage range of software, please visit SubRosaSoft's website.
Pricing and Availability:
MSRP for FileSalvage is $89.95 plus shipping for a dual boot DVD (PowerPC and Intel Mac OS X), or $79.95 for the download only version. MSRP for the smaller Salvage applications is $49.95 plus shipping for the CD version or $39.95 for the download only version.
Users of Salvage products version 5 or higher can upgrade to version 6.1.5 for free by visiting our download pages. Users of Salvage products version 4 or below can upgrade by visiting the product upgrade pages.
SubRosaSoft's design philosophy revolves around easy-to-use yet extremely powerful Mac OS X software. For more information, contact SubRosaSoft Inc. by e-mail or visit their website.