July 6, 2010 in User Groups (F)
[prMac.com] Elsternwick, Australia - The June/July 2010 issue of the AppleUsers Spotlight is now available for downloading, free of charge, by any Apple User. The 59 page issue is available in PDF format and can be read using Adobe Reader or Preview under Mac OS X, Adobe Reader for Windows and now in iBooks on the iPad, iPhone and iPad touch.
Articles in this issue include;
* 22 Useful iPad Tips
* Apple Presents iPhone 4
* Using Google SketchUp
* How to Protect Your Privacy from Facebook
* Christopher Breen Discusses Why He Left Facebook
* Apple Seminars Online
* Create a "torn image" in iWork
* Exploring the 'grey' market
* Bookmarks in Safari - Part 2
* Quick Reviews of; Animal Kingdom - a great new Australian film; FlagIt; & Voila
Our regular columns are also present, including;
* AppleUsers Contest, which a great selection of applications, physical books, ebooks and Squiz Cards all up for grabs
* The Joy of Tech we selected this month covers how "cool" Social Networking is these days
* Our resident Spotlight Cook presents us with a deliciously warm Apple and Pumpkin Soup
* What's New for iPhones and What's New for Macs
* Christopher Breen's Mac 911
* Book Reviews of; Take Control of Permissions in Snow Leopard; Take Control of Mail on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch; & Logo Design Love
* Discount Corner * for members of Apple User Groups and introducing exclusive discounts for AppleUser Spotlight Readers from PICA Australia.
* Two AppleUsers Discs of the Month - "Kid's Time" and "Adobe Alternatives"
AppleUsers.org is a volunteer organization that acts as a central location for the Committees, Editors, Web Masters and other Leaders of Australian Apple User Groups to find useful resources. We represent nearly thirty active Apple Users Groups, based all around Australia, with a combined membership in excess of five thousand Apple Enthusiasts and Users. AppleUsers publishes a 30 page, digital format magazine, every second month for all Apple enthusiasts and eleven times a year we compile a unique Disc of the Month for distribution via participating Australian Apple User Groups. The AppleUsers Spotlight is written and produced by Apple Users for Apple Users and we select the best articles from our own Australian contributors and from the best international sources.