July 8, 2010 in Travel (E)
[prMac.com] Prague, Czech Republic - Sarsoft today proudly releases a new version of iPhone application Rescue Kit 2.0. Rescue Kit is the "swiss army knife" for every traveler, driver, hiker or climber. It helps in crisis situations and can solve various tasks, like send current location by SMS or email, can signal SOS, has database of emergency numbers from all countries over the word and much more.
When started, Rescue Kit displays user's current location (latitude and longitude) and it can display also map of this location. This is extremely helpful, when calling for emergency help. Exact GPS location is always welcomed by emergency operators and when serious accident happens, it can even save the life.
"We've created this application after my personal experience with emergency situation", said Jindrich Sarson, director of Sarsoft. "I drove with with my wife in rural area, when I saw car accident. After calling 911, it was not easy to describe exact place, where we are." After this experience, Sarsoft designed application, that can help in various emergency situations, so that checking of current location is only one part of this iPhone application.
It was always possible to call emergency number (911 or 112) from application itself, but in this new version was implemented database of emergency numbers from all countries over the world. Also phone numbers for specific cases are included, so that it is possible to call number by emergency case (like ambulance, fire department, police or so).
* Check current location, using iPhone GPS build-in chip
* Display current location on Map, send current location information to any email or phone number (using SMS) including link to Google Maps, so that the receiver can display quickly sender's position
* SOS flashlight - signal well known worldwide SOS light signal
* Emergency flashlight - multiple color flashing light
* Traffic light flashlight
* Worldwide emergency numbers - displays and calls emergency numbers for all countries over the world
* US English, German, France, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese and Russian
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1 or later (iOS 4.0 Tested)
* 0.5 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Rescue Kit 2.0 is only $1.99 (USD), and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Travel category. Review copies are available upon request.
Located in Prague, Czech Republic, Sarsoft is a software development company specializing in applications for mobile operating systems, including Apple iPhone, Google Android and Windows Mobile. The company was founded in 2009 by Jindrich and Jan Sarson, and markets 6 innovative products, so far. Copyright (C) 2010 Sarsoft. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPhoto are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. Android is trademarks of Google, Inc. Windows is a trademark of Microsoft, Inc.