July 15, 2010 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Sacramento, California - iHomeEducator today is pleased to announce the release of a new educational app for K to 6th grade. iLiveMath Trains includes over 60 photos of trains, educational links, and educational videos with a natural language word problem generator that creates a stream of questions to challenge and engage your students.
Do you remember the joy of riding your first train? Have you seen the excitement in children's eyes as a whistle blows and the engineer calls "All Aboard!"? Combine this with a close up look at train stamps. There is an estimated 20 million stamp collectors just in the United States. Stamp collecting is a hobby which opens up teaching opportunities for many families around the world.
Here are some quotes from our reviewers of the iLiveMath Speed app:
"The vivid color photos and graphics used for each question are stunning, just as they are with iHomeEducator's other apps. The close, fascinating pictures of rockets blasting off, space shuttles docking and trains, boats and jets in action are sure to engage children. Kids with a fascination with these subjects will be especially captivated." Mankato Homeschooling Examiner
"I love that my children enjoy practicing math skills with the iLiveMath apps. My sons are especially enamored of Speed because of the transportation theme, even my little ones who can't really do math yet. What boy doesn't love fast cars, jets, and the space shuttle? My children also like to test Daddy and practice reading aloud each problem to him." Our Busy Homeschool
Just like the previous iLiveMath apps, students and teachers can collaborate on word math problems using Twitter, email, and blogs. Questions are asked and the student selects the answer from a picker dial. The student is then provided immediate correct or incorrect feedback.
(1) Review dynamically and randomly generated word problems
(2) Share your question and answer summaries on our community blog
(3) Email the questions and answers to your educator for review
(4) Tweet questions to followers and friends
(5) Explore related educational wiki links in a kid safe browser
(6) Watch fun educational videos after you've correctly answered a certain number of questions. This can be set by the educator at a threshold of 1, 5, 10, 15, and 20 correct answers before the video feature is enabled
* Level 1: Basic addition and subtraction
* Level 2: Includes addition, subtraction, multiplication and train terminology
* Level 3: Includes addition, subtraction, multiplication, and advanced train terminology
Universal App release advantages:
* Runs on iPad as well as iPhone/iPod touch
* Layout for the iPad fully utilizes the larger screen showing off the photos
* Landscape and Portrait Mode is supported for iPad, iPhone, iPod touch
Arlene Lee, co-founder said, "Our little boy loves trains. We hope you enjoy this app as much as our son does. The word problems combined with trains provides an open door for teaching opportunities. Foster a problem-based learning approach in your teaching."
iLiveMath Speed and Trains will be the first and second in a new theme based series around speed and related transportation concepts all intended to help engage and capture the imagination of students while creating additional teaching opportunities through word problems. Coming soon will be a special problem-based learning app featuring 100+ years of Ford Motor Cars from the Model T to today's Ford Fusion Hybrid.
* iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* iLiveMath Trains is a Universal App and therefore automatically runs on the iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.1.2 or later
* Compiled and tested on iOS 4
* 12.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
iLiveMath Trains 3.0 is available on the iTunes Apps Store for the introductory price of $2.99 (USD). iLiveMath are being developed and enhanced to be Universal Apps for the iPad. MathSpinK, 1, 2, and 3 are each $0.99.
iHomeEducator was founded in 2009 by a credentialed California State Board of Education teacher and parent. We currently home educate three children through a Charter School. Through this personal experience we are able to provide tools for home educators. Our applications provide a means of personalized learning and fun independent study serving students from kindergarten through 12th grade. At iHome Educator, we believe every child can excel by leveraging today's modern mobile wireless technology and collaborating through social networking. Copyright (C) 2009-2010 iHomeEducator. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.