July 20, 2010 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] New York, NY - Announcing Picture Trivia, the developer of PictureTrivia, has released their latest update for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. The application is a trivia game that uses beautiful photographs, rather than words to illicit responses from the app's users, who study a picture to figure out what global location it is then answer by tapping a multiple choice selection. There are three levels of gameplay, with the most difficult one offering skyline views of lesser known destinations that challenge even well seasoned travelers.
There are a whopping six hundred photographs in three difficulty levels in the PictureTrivia app. Users must try to figure out what destination is being shown then tap a selection from the multiple choices listed at the bottom of the device screen. The more correct answers a user has, the higher their score and the greater their potential for making the top five spot on the app's online leaderboard.
PictureTrivia offers three levels of difficulty for its trivia players. The easy level contains photos of places that most people recognize, such as the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. Naturally, the Medium level is harder but Difficult is not for the faint of heart. Even the well traveled are usually stumped here, where more obscure locations are photographed in more obscure ways. The app displays lesser known destinations shot from a skyline view and asks users to guess the location.
Features included in PictureTrivia:
* 600 Photos from famous destinations all around the world
* Easy, Medium, and Hard Levels
* Get more information about each destination by clicking the "info" button
* Players can compete against other users for the top 5 spots by uploading high scores to the online leader board
* Two finger pinching to zoom in or out on pictures
* Rotate the Device to view in landscape or portrait mode
* Automatically save high scores locally by clicking the home icon
* Navigate to already answered questions by clicking the back or forward arrows
* Complete a difficulty level and earn an achievement checkmark on the main screen
* Users can listen to their own music while playing
* iPhone and iPod touch, iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 2.2.1 or later
* 29.4 MB
Pricing and Availability:
PictureTrivia 1.1 is only $1.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
The PictureTrivia application incorporates identifying famous destinations in a manageable, application trivia setting. It seeks to educate individuals on what the world has to offer in a manner which is both fun and interactive. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover & Edward Turner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.