February 11, 2008 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] Fremont, CA - February 11, 2008 - .com Solutions Inc., a developer of multi-platform database migration, replication and development applications, has released CGIScripter 2.38 Enterprise Edition for MacOS X, Windows and Linux. CGIScripter 2.38 is a maintenance release correcting an issue with DB2 script generation and also re-compiled as a Universal Binary application for MacOS X. This release also represents the availability of CGIScripter via TrialPay.
TrialPay is an innovative payment alternative customers can use to obtain products and services for free from online merchants like software developers and digital content providers.
How it works: (from the TrialPay website)
"Using TrialPay, merchants turn lost and indecisive customers into paying customers by giving away their product for free when a customer completes an offer from blue-chip advertisers like American Express, Gap, eBay and thousands more. Advertisers pay a bounty that equals or exceeds the merchant's regular price to create a profitable transaction out of a stalled or abandoned cart. TrialPay ensures that every customer can find an offer that compels him to purchase by pairing premium brands with the added incentive of a free product. With TrialPay everyone wins: customers get a free product, advertisers acquire new customers and merchants earn significant revenue from "lost" or formerly low-value customers."
CGIScripter supports generating Perl CGI scripts for 9 databases, including MySQL, Oracle, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, PostgreSQL, FrontBase and FileMaker 7/8/9. CGIScripter dramatically enhances developer productivity for heterogeneous database installations. Corporate IT departments, students and individuals can quickly and easily test the performance and stability of web applications on any or all of the supported databases.
Features and advantages of using CGIScripter include:
* Quickly Prototype Web Applications - CGIScripter instantly writes functional and syntactically correct Perl CGI scripts which provide web form submission, query, update and deletion of records within each supported database. This working Perl code can serve as the basis for more complex calculations or multi-server database integration projects.
* Utilize Thousands of Open Source Perl CPAN Modules - Thousands of open source Perl modules are available from www.cpan.org. These CPAN modules can dramatically reduce the development time for challenging programming tasks such as date and time calculations (Date::Manip), database integration (DBI), real-time creation of graphics files (GD::Image), real-time PDF file generation (PDF::Create), real-time generation of Excel spreadsheet files (SpreadSheet::WriteExcel) and many, many more tasks.
* Integrate Data From Multiple Databases - Dynamic web pages developed with CGIScripter generated scripts can incorporate data from multiple databases within the same page. Example Perl code can easily be generated by CGIScripter for multiple database servers to serve as templates for muti-database integration projects.
* Follow Security Best Practices for Perl CGI Programming - The Perl CGI scripts generated by CGIScripter are designed to follow industry standard best practices regarding web form processing. Denial of service attacks are prevented by preventing file uploads unless images/BLOB data is being submitted by the form. Critical web form processing parameters are hard-coded within each script instead of being accepted via POST or GET operations - thus preventing web form hijacking. Web attackers cannot view sensitive data by guessing at and passing in their own database column names for processing.
* Process Images via the Web With Ease - The Perl CGI scripts generated by CGIScripter automatically provide support for insert/update/view/delete of GIF/JPEG images via a web-based interface. The generated Perl CGI scripts automatically perform special processing for all image type columns in order to enable web users to work with image data within the database. Non-image data (such as .pdf, .wav, MS Word and binary data) can also be processed with no programming changes to the generated files. These specialized data types are stored within the appropriate BLOB/LongBLOB column type within the database (except FileMaker).
* Economical Infrastructure - The Perl CGI scripts generated by CGIScripter leverage popular industry-standard open source software including Apache (Linux/UNIX/MacOS X/Windows), Perl 5.8, MySQL, DBI/DBD and CGI.pm. IT departments can save thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars utilizing these scripts with an open source infrastructure instead of purchasing high-cost application server software.
* Perl Source Code Available - Developers who desire to change the manner in which CGIScripter generates Perl CGI scripts can change the Perl source code which generates these scripts. The well commented source code incorporated within CGIScripter enables experienced developers to easily change this code to meet the unique needs of their business.
The demo edition of CGIScripter enables potential customers to completely test the generation of Perl CGI scripts to determine whether it will meet their software development needs. The demo edition of CGIScripter provides full functionality for generating Perl CGI scripts for all supported database servers and saving configuration files. The demo edition is limited by not allowing configuration files to be reloaded via the Open... menu.
Existing customers holding licenses for CGIScripter Enterprise Edition may upgrade at no charge to this latest update.
CGIScripter Enterprise Edition licensing includes use of the application by an unlimited number of users at any one site. Entire IT departments can improve programming efficiency by standardizing on the feature-rich and securely designed scripts generated by CGIScripter.
CGIScripter is a multi-platform development application which is available for MacOS X, Windows and Linux. A free demo version of CGIScripter may be downloaded for each platform.
.com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, PostgreSQL and FrontBase developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker ScriptMaker scripts, FmPro Layout Diff, compares FileMaker Layouts. FmPro Migrator migrates FileMaker databases to and from FileMaker. Installgen automates over 100 Oracle install procedures on Solaris, Windows, Linux and MacOS X. Repgen replicates Oracle data in a multi-master configuration on Solaris, Windows, Linux and MacOS X. .com Solutions Inc. is a registered trademark of .com Solutions Inc. in the United States. For more information visit their website.