March 1, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Mariner Software Releases Montage 1.2
Screenwriting App Adds Functionality
Minneapolis, MN - February 28, 2007 - Mariner Software, developers and publishers of professional and personal software for the writing and creativity markets, today released Montage 1.2, the only screenwriting software exclusively developed for Mac OS X. A partial list of features in Montage 1.2 include:
* Added Scene Numbering.
* Added .mac integration.
* Re-implemented smart type system (Tab- Return works more like Final Draft).
* Improved Final Draft file importing.
* Improved text file importing.
* Added Keywords to preferences, views, and smart views.
* Added Elements are now assignable by keyboard shortcut in Full Screen mode.
* Added ability to customize the auto-type system.
* Added ability to select Next Element in File>Document Properties... - Styles tab.
* Added "Duplicate" command for duplicating scenes.
* Added Page centering in Script view.
* Added category field to Contacts view.
* Added ability to select Template on file import.
* Added new templates for better Final Draft® and Screenwriter® compatibility.
* Added ability to assign element to multiple selected paragraphs.
* Several bug fixes.
Montage provides screenwriters with a live script outline, a view of scenes, characters, locations, tasks, research, and more. Several pre-formatted templates, including film, television, and theater, automatically format the user's script to industry standards. Montage Smart Views allow writers to visually filter the script to the desired content, based on criteria. When the script is completed, Montage even includes the ability to create, submit, and track query letters, a script synopsis, and script submissions to hundreds of included industry contacts.
Montage also imports Final Draft, text, and RTF documents.
This is a free update for all Version 1 customers. The shipping version of Montage is offered in English and sells for $139.95 USD. Support for other language versions is expected in the near future. Montage requires Mac OS 10.3.9 or above and is fully accessible and Universal Binary. For more specific information on Montage, visit the Mariner product page at http://www.marinersoftware.com/ sitepage.php? page=104.
Availability and Requirements
Montage is available today as a 30 day trial on the Mariner Software web site at http:// www.marinersoftware.com/download.php. Montage and other Mariner products can also be purchased online at http:// www.marinersoftware.com/ shopproduct.php or through various retailers such as: The Apple Store, CompUSA, Amazon, The Writers Store, MicroCenter, or Fry’s Electronics.
Mariner Press Contact:
Director of Marketing
Mariner Write, Mariner, and Desktop Poet are registered trademarks of Mariner Software, Inc. Montage and WinJournal are trademark pending registrations. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Minneapolis-based Mariner Software, developers of the industry-recognized products, MacJournal, Mariner Write, Mariner Calc, Montage, and now, WinJournal, has established itself as one of the most diverse leaders in the consumer, business, and educational writing and creativity markets. With customers worldwide, Mariner Software is committed to delivering the highest quality software, with an emphasis on total customer satisfaction.