August 9, 2010 in Health and Fitness (E)
[prMac.com] Berlin, Germany - Announcing that Valley Development GmbH, the developer of B.iCycle, has released the latest update for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad users. This cutting-edge technology blends the function of a cyclometer with the technology of a GPS together in this all-in-one, made for the cyclist, app. B.iCycle is a handlebar-mounted tour guide that will get the rider to where they're going with the route of their choice, while recording vital data like current, average and maximum speed, distance traveled and more. B.iCycle is the dream child of innovator, Wolfgang Held; who is a cyclist himself.
"We love biking so we had the dream of an iPhone cyclometer with GPS trails that is easy and fun to use. First, we built it for ourselves. Now it's a great success (at least in Europe) and we can afford to make it better and better." says Held.
Always striving to improve existing technology, Held states "Our main vision is to provide the best cycling computer app for the iPhone. We are a Germany based software development company; and have a pure focus on the iPhone OS, as we strongly believe in the software and hardware quality that Apple is delivering to its customers."
This concept has been welcomed and widely received across the globe. It was ranked fourth out of the top grossing apps in Germany, May 2010. In addition to the cyclometer and GPS, B.iCycle stands out from the crowd with its many other features as well:
* Accurate values for current speed, average speed, maximum speed, total distance, trip distance, current altitude, climbed altitude, burned calories as well as trip time. Units can be set to US or metric
* Continuous Recording of your trip with the display turned off for up to 6 hours of battery life ("sleep mode" to be activated with the sleep button on top of the iPhone)
* Support for map zoom via multi-touch events (pinch) and much better map response and loading times
* New map type OpenCycleMap with highlighted bike paths, contour lines and biker POI
* Watch your bike automatically move on the map and zoom in on your trail
* Receive your trips via email (KML und GPX) and review them at home (e.g., with Google Earth) or share them with other bikers. You can send the data after each ride or anytime later from your track history (e.g. when there is no cellular network available). For detailed analysis of your trips at home we recommend to upload your tracks to the portal GPSies at no charge
* Suspend, pause, and resume for trips allows you to receive calls or take a break
* iPod function can be used together with B.iCycle
* 3G, 3GS, 4
* iPhone, iPod touch
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later, iOS 4 Compatible
* 4.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
B.iCycle 2.0.2 is only $9.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Healthcare & Fitness category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Valley Development GmbH is based in Berlin, Germany. Wolfgang Held leads the company, and their goal is to be part of the ecosystem and offer the best user interface both in style and in usability as well as the most reliable and precise apps. They prefer well designed and easy to use apps rather than getting into feature overkill that can be found in other apps. They prefer software quality over timelines; their strategy is to steadily improve without charging existing customers again. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover & Edward Turner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.