February 20, 2008 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Sydney, Australia - February 20, 2008 - Crackatonic Projects is proud to announce Optimism 1.0, the initial version of its health-wellness planning application for Mac OS X.
Depressive episodes are triggered by a combination of factors that are unique to each individual. Optimism helps users to take a pro-active approach to their mental health, providing a platform for actively learning about their illness and identifying its patterns at their own, individual level.
As one monitors the patterns in their lifestyle, they begin to identify many internal and external factors that can potentially impact their health. From regular data input, Optimism tracks a persons mood, exercise, sleep, and other factors that are potential triggers, symptoms or stay-well activities.
Relationships between these factors are presented in Optimism visually, uncovering the various cause and effect relationships and giving a compelling insight into the illness. Using Optimism just a few minutes each day enables the person to develop a personalized, robust plan for staying healthy.
"I was struggling with bipolar disorder for many years" said James Bishop, director at Crackatonic Projects. "It was not until I kept a comprehensive record, the precursor to Optimism, that I started identifying the triggers of my depressive episodes. Some were surprising; like going away on holidays, eating certain foods, or staying up late watching TV. Others were more typical, such as stress at work and lack of sleep. Along with medical treatment, keeping a detailed record and learning about my illness have been invaluable for me in returning to health and staying well."
* Monitoring health easily: Optimism prompts users to keep a record of all things that impact their mental health, both positive and negative. It creates a valuable record of depression triggers, symptoms, and useful stay-well strategies.
* Identifying cause and effect relationships: Simple to follow, visual representations highlight connections between those factors that positively and negatively affect mental health.
* Finding strategies to stay healthy: Quickly discovering what works and what doesn't.
* Planning for lasting health: Users can formulate a "Stay Well Plan", a dynamic document that they adjust as they learn more about managing their illness.
* The Plan, Charts and Report can be emailed in PDF format. This provides an opportunity for close monitoring or treatment from a health professional or carer.
* Mac OS X Version 10.2 or higher
* Full Tiger and Leopard compatibility
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 15.4 MB Hard Drive space
Pricing and Availability:
Optimism 1.0 is available as a full-featured, 7-day trail. A single user license is $19.95 USD. Registered 1.x customers receive all subsequent releases free of charge.
Headquartered in beautiful Sydney, Australia, Crackatonic Projects is a privately funded company founded by James Bishop in 2007. Crackatonic Projects' work is primarily in the health industry, with particular focus on mood disorders and other mental illnesses. Copyright 2007-2008 Crackatonic Projects and Optimism Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.