August 21, 2010 in Multimedia (F)
[prMac.com] Cagnes-sur-Mer, France - MovieConverter has announced the release of MovieConverter-Studio 1.6, a free update to their set of video tools for Mac OS X. Convert to DVD-Video, convert AVCHD files to iMovie or FinalCut, etc. "MovieConverter-Studio simplifies the process of converting video files from one format to another, maintaining quality while eliminating technical complexity" (extract from The Kleper Report, 2009).
Version 1.6 brings many new improvements including:
* Encoding module: chapters from your movies will be automatically preserved and affected in the "DVD VIDEO module"
* New "securized automatism": avoid trouble even with badly tagged broadcastings
* Ergonomy: better presets depending on broadcasting or editing outputs
* Partially handles E-AC3
* Mux Module: The encoding of your subtitle file (.srt, .ssa) will be automatically detected and applied (no setting needed)
* Mux/Demux modules: dvd subtitles are correctly extracted from your mpeg (Demux module), those subtitles could be reinstated with Mux module
* Any module: Improved recognition of the number of frames per second for .mov videos
* All modules: various bugfixes/improvments
* Correction: no more concern with some Mpeg-Transport Stream files
* Correction: DV output failed with some very basic processes (DV NTSC mainly)
* Correction: a bug with 4:3 aspect output
* Free update for all users
Feature highlights include:
* Encoding module (for DVD or DV):
Unlike other video apps, MovieConverter automatically fixes all your difficulties (anamorphic or interlaced files, standard conversion PAL-NTSC -without jerk- to conform videos to your television specifications). But MovieConverter handles simple video too.
* FREE HD Module: Convert videos from your camcorder HD (AVCHD, TOD and Sanyo) into QuickTime compatible files (ready for iMovie -HD, '08 or '09- and FinalCut) (PS: no need to register).
* DVD-Video Module: Automatically create a DVD-Video with menus, thumbnails and captions (from Encoding Module or reuse your EyeTV files). 3 minutes maximum to prepare all your DVD settings.
* Modify module: without re-encoding (eg: to conform streams from your JVC Everio to DVD-Video, etc).
* Mux Module: combine audio(s), video(s) and subtitles into a single MPEG.
* Demux Module: extract audio(s), video(s) and subtitles too!
MovieConverter Studio, expert's functions "for dummies".
* Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.6, or Leopard 10.5.x, or Snow Leopard 10.6x
* Universal Binary for PowerPC (G4 Processor) and Intel
* QuickTime 7.1.3 or higher
MovieConverter-Studio 1.5 is 15 euros (approximately $20) for personal and private use.
MovieConverter-Studio provides a software since 2005 to broadcasters, production agencies, and home movie makers. Because everyone is not a video technician, but because everyone has the right to quality, MovieConverter-Studio offers a reliable and easy software, usable by all. Copyright (C) 2005-2009 MovieConverter-Studio. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, and QuickTime are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.