August 23, 2010 in Education (F)
[prMac.com] Alexandria, Virginia - Vito Technology Inc. has announced Star Walk 4.4, an update to the best-selling Apple Design Awards 2010 winner application. In addition to the stunning graphics and interface, the popular stargazing guide will now literary guide you to any object in the sky.
The main new feature of this update is Help Arrows that show you where to look to see the Big Dipper, Mars, or any star you choose. Point your iPad or iPhone at the sky and the green arrows will guide you to the desired goal. This update broadens the app's functionality from "I-wonder-what-that-is" to "Where-do-I-find-those-darn-Perseids". More fun and pleasure is guaranteed. All Star Walk features and how to use them:
* Share: Share your favorite Astronomy Pictures of the Day or stargazing impressions with your friends on Facebook and Twitter!
* Help Arrows: choose an object for observation, activate Star Spotter and follow the help arrows to see the named object.
* View from the Earth: SW allows automatic and manually selected location on the globe. Touch it, spin it and find where you want to be to observe the sky tonight.
* Digital Compass with Star Spotter: If you have an iPhone 4/3GS tilt your phone and the ''Star Spotter'' function will be activated, a real-time representation of what you see in the sky will appear on your display and the image will start following your movements. In order to stop the function simply tap the display.
* Time Machine: tap the clock icon and date and time will be displayed. Slide your finger on the hours and the sky will start moving accordingly. Tap year, month, day, or hours and the time will change depending on what you want to see, the display will adapt accordingly to show you how stars and planets were or will be aligned at that time.
* Wikipedia Links: select a celestial body and tap the -i- icon to activate the magnifier and read main information about it. To learn more tap the Wiki icon at the bottom of the table and the wikipedia page will open up.
* Settings: You can change the screen with night mode, select brightness, put sounds on and off, find and select location and start your list of favorites.
* Help Guide: for any questions on how to use the ''Star Spotter'' function or the Time Machine tap the -?- icon
* German, English, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Russian, Korean, Chinese, and Japanese
* iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
* Star Spotter function is available only on devices with built-in digital compass (iPad, iPhone 3GS or later)
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later (iOS 4.0 Tested)
* 8.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Star Walk 4.4 for iPhone is $2.99 (USD). Star Walk 4.4 for iPad is $4.99 (USD). Both apps are available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Education category. Promo codes are available for reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Since it entered the mobile software market in 2001 VITO Technology Inc. has developed an impressive portfolio of products for Windows Mobile. The latest VITO Technology's endeavour includes iPhone and Web 2.0 software development. Copyright (C) 2001-2010 VITO Technology. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.