March 9, 2008 in Networks and FTP (F)
[prMac.com] Bulgaria - Presenta Ltd. is pleased to announce the Universal Binary release of iGetter version 2.7 for Mac OS X. iGetter is a powerful, full featured download manager and accelerator. iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented downloading.
In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering by various criteria, site explorer, history list, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang-up and shut down on completion, and much more.
New in version 2.7:
* Optimized for Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard and Safari v3.
* Completely reworked integration with the Safari browser on Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
* Completely reworked contextual menu integration with Camino 1.1 and up using Gecko SDK.
* Added support for the Mac OS X Leopard Downloads Stack.
* Added contextual menu support for Firefox 1.5.x/2.x/3.x.
* Added support for the "otrkey" and "shn" extensions in the iGetter browser plug-in.
* Improved integration with the Safari browser to prevent conflicts between iGetterSafariBundle and some third party Safari extensions.
* Improved iGetter functionality when downloading multiple small files simultaneously.
* Fixed a bug that prevented iGetter contextual menus to appear on Mac OS X 10.5.
* Fixed an incompatibility with Mac OS X 10.5 that prevented new downloads to appear in Finder.
* Fixed an incompatibility with Mac OS X 10.5 threading model that caused a crash in iGetter when downloading small files.
* Fixed "Open Downloads List..." and "Open History List..." to open text files in Mac OS X 10.5.
* Fixed "Import URLs List..." to open text files in Mac OS X 10.5.
* Fixed a bug with the main download window not appearing properly on multiple screen setups.
* Fixed "Item Settings" dialog that may crash iGetter if confirmed after a download completion.
* Fixed the minimum allowed values of "Timeout connection attempts after..." and "Reconnect if no data received for the last..." options.
* Fixed a bug that slowed down the download queue if a big number of items are downloaded simultaneously.
* Fixed a bug that may quit iGetter in some rare cases.
The International version of iGetter includes: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Japanese, Russian, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Polish and Portuguese (Brazil) localizations.
* Mac OS X 10.2 or later; Intel- or PowerPC-based Mac
Pricing and Availability:
iGetter can be evaluated for as long as it's needed to decide if it suits the user's needs. All registered users will get free support by email and free upgrades in the major 2.x versions. The registration fee for iGetter is $25.00 USD.
Presenta Ltd. was founded in March 1993 in Bulgaria (Europe). Since 1993 the company has been a basic software developer of networking, multimedia and accounting systems for Apple Macintosh computers.