September 8, 2010 in Games (E)
[prMac.com] Edinburgh, United Kingdom - Kevin Ng Games has reduced the price of popular iPhone game WordCrasher from $1.99 to $0.99 USD. The latest version also brings multitasking to iOS 4 devices, and online leaderboards have been upgraded to include options for viewing daily and weekly stats.
WordCrasher is a tactile physics-based word game. Described by The Unofficial Apple Weblog as "Boggle meets Tetris", the game reached #3 in the UK "Games | Word" category and #5 in the same category in the US. WordCrasher has also received coverage on the websites of Wired and The Huffington Post.
One of the key innovations which WordCrasher brings to the word game genre is the tracking of every new word the player enters. "The current top player has a vocabulary score of over 18 thousand words." says Kevin Ng. "This is remarkable because it is estimated that the average well-educated English speaker has a vocabulary of between 10- and 20 thousand words".
The vocabulary tracking feature has also unearthed a peculiar brain phenomenon. "No matter how many thousands of words you enter into WordCrasher, you always seem to know if you have entered a new word or not," says Kevin Ng. "Players from around the world have all told me they have experienced exactly the same thing."
* Worldwide online score boards and achievements
* Facebook and Twitter integration
* Two gameplay modes - the classic "Marathon" and the more difficult "Flood Panic" which introduces water and buoyancy into the mix
* Realistic tactile physics. Letters bounce and roll around as they fall
* Tilt the screen to fill the gaps and keep the Game Over screen at bay
* The game tracks the size of your vocabulary. Enter new words and expand your repertoire to climb the worldwide vocabulary leaderboard
* Over 65000 words recognized, in US, UK and International English
* OpenFeint support. Earn achievements to increase your OpenFeint score
* Smooth graphics and gameplay on all iPhone and iPod touch devices
* Multitasking on iOS 4 (multitasking compatible devices only)
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iPhone OS 3.0 or later
* 12.2 MB
Pricing and Availability:
WordCrasher 1.4 is now only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Games category.
Located in Edinburgh, UK, Kevin Ng Games is a privately held company founded in 2010. An experienced video game industry veteran, Kevin Ng formed the company to develop bite-sized video games for the iPhone and other devices. Copyright (C) 2010 Kevin Ng Games. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.