September 17, 2010 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Bremen, Germany - As part of it's mission to "help the world's iPhone users to each learn a new language", Mobilinga is offering US customers its key product range free of charge. The products are full versions of the existing "Trip" product series.
The new services are supported by the iAd advertising programme, and customers must have an active internet connection to use the apps. Once online they can use the app in full. They will also be able to interact with a discrete ad placed within the application. For US customers who prefer to choose an app without adverts Mobilinga is also offering paid for versions of all its products.
Product features include:
* Virtual flashcards based upon the recognised Leitner learning system
* All content is stored on the device and can be used without going online, saving you money when travelling overseas
* Prize winning software by Linguatec is used to add sounds and helps to practice pronunciation
* All words, translated to a high quality, can be learned in both directions: For instance in a German -English app words can be translated from English to German and German to English
* The app can also be used for looking words up. Perfect for those moments when the word you want is on the tip of your tongue
The move represents a bold evolution of strategy for the German based Mobilinga, who have successful top 10 products in a number of European iTunes stores. CEO Matthias Kose explains that, "The freemium and ad supported model is touching every area of business from retail, food and drink, entertainment and of course software. In our case, we felt the time was right to try an experiment to see just what customers prefer. We have a strong product and we've proven that people are willing to pay for it in quantities. That gives us the confidence to offer customers the same high quality apps with ads so that they can use it, in full, at no cost. These are not limited or demo versions, these are key products with full functionality. We think it will be fascinating to see what happens with free vs paid for. Exciting times lay ahead."
Mobilinga GmbH has a simple mission: to help everyone in the world that has a iPhone to learn one new language. Based in Bremen, Germany, to date Mobilinga has released over forty products in six markets across Europe and the US. Copyright (C) 2010 Mobilinga GmbH. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.