March 18, 2008 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Toronto (Ontario, Canada) - The recent official Safari 3.1 release caused the premiere password manager 1Password to stop functioning. Just one day later, Agile Web Solutions is releasing 1Password version 2.5.12 to fix this issue, as well as improved support for iPhone/iPod touch and Palm applications. This update is free to all 1Password customers.
What is 1Password?
* The most widely used password manager for Mac OS X (according to MacUpdate, VersionTracker and iusethis).
* A Macworld magazine "Mac Gem" rated 4.5 out of 5 in August, 2007, and nominated for a Macworld Readers' Choice Award.
* The only password manager with integrated anti-phishing technology.
* An automatic form filler with support for credit cards and multiple identities.
* A highly secure database to keep track of web site logins, secure notes, identities, credit cards, bank accounts, and software registration information.
What is new in Version 2.5.12?
* Enabled support for the newly released Safari 3.1 -
Safari 3.1 was recently released by Apple as a Software Update and this new version of 1Password adds support for it.
* Many major improvements to 1Password Reader for Palm -
This release makes numerous improvements to the 1Password Reader for Palm application. The Palm application is now packaged directly within 1Password for easier setup. The new Sync to Palm window greatly simplifies the synching and setup processes. In addition, Wallet items are now synced to Palm, items are listed in alphabetical order, and users can use the new search function to find items quickly.
* Go & Fill accessible from the 1Password dock icon -
Go & Fill functionality is now accessible directly from the 1Password Dock icon, providing the ability to go to a web site, fill the login form, and submit it, all in a single click.
* Integrated Help -
By popular demand the online 1Password Help has been moved from being Online into a standard Apple Help menu item. This makes it easier to search the documentation as well as allowing review while offline.
* New Assistant for first-time users -
A new Assistant will help first-time users install their Browser Extensions, signup to the Agile newsletter, as well as configure automatic updates.
* Latest Camino nightly build support -
The Camino nightly builds are constantly evolving. This release of 1Password once again enables support for the latest Camino nightly build.
For full details about the new release, including the change log and screenshots, please visit the official company blog.
* Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard)
Pricing and Availability:
1Password may be downloaded as a fully functional 30-day trial version, along with a free version limited to 20 items. Special media licenses are available for members of the press and the blogging community upon request. A single-user license costs $29.95 USD and a family license is available for $39.95 USD.
Founded in the fall of 2002, Agile Web Solutions, Inc., began as a partnership between two experienced consulting firms, Teare Software Solutions Inc and Software Trenches Inc. Agile Web Solutions has a long history of innovation and business excellence. Agile Web Solutions is a privately held company headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. For more information about the company or any of its products, visit the Agile Web Solutions web site.