October 3, 2010 in Productivity (F)
[prMac.com] Salt Lake City, Utah - The epiPhone Coders Guild is excited to announce the release of SpriteDance, the animation studio for the iPad. SpriteDance makes the iPad owner a virtual choreographer for a group of cut-out images (dancers), letting her create everything from cartoons to corporate presentations with a powerful yet easy-to-use workflow designed specially for the iPad.
SpriteDance takes advantage of familar iPad user experience tropes, to let artists of every age pinch, twist and drag their dancers into poses on stage. To build a complex animation, simply lock those poses in time as a keyframe, then change the time and set new poses. SpriteDance interpolates all the in-between positions automatically using the hardware-accelerated iOS Core Animation engine.
SpriteDance comes with a large collection of dancers and background stages, but makes it easy to add your own custom artwork. In addition, SpriteDance includes a powerful text generator that lets animators create dancers from text with a choice of fonts, colors and outlines. Finished SpriteDance compositions can be presented live on a connected external display using Apple's VGA or video adapters, or they can be exported to YouTube-ready mp4 movies. iPad Artists can also use SpriteDance to create multi-element still images, and save them into the iPad photo album.
* Easily add your own artwork or choose from the large library of sprites and backgrounds included
* Intuitive keyframe animation system lets you move, rotate, scale and fade your dancers over time
* Output animations to YouTube-ready QuickTime mp4 movies at Full HD resolution, or lower resolutions
* Play your animations directly to a connected VGA projector or video display
* Create and animate text with outlines in any of the built-in fonts
* Add your own sprites via iTunes
* Move, rotate and scale your dancers with standard touch gestures, or use nudge bar or numeric controls for more precise placement
* Undo mistakes with a single touch
* Multiple selection keyframe and move
* Animation End Modes: Stop, Loop, Ping Pong
* Save still frames to the Photo Album
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 28.8 MB
Pricing and Availability:
SpriteDance 1.0 is only $3.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request. Review copies, screen shots available upon request.
epiPhone Coders Guild is a small team of Mac software development veterans creating apps on the platform of the future. With 40 man-years of professional software development experience, we pride ourselves on delivering reliable, polished apps with a focus on efficient, enjoyable workflow. Copyright (C) 2010 epiPhone Coders Guild. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.