March 26, 2008 in Web Design (E)
[prMac.com] Oxford, UK - Today, Softpress Systems released Freeway 5, the latest version of the award-winning web design software. With its traditional page layout approach, Freeway makes it easy to create dynamic websites without the need to write code. Both Freeway 5 Pro and Freeway 5 Express are now available for sale and 30-day trials.
"We are delighted to unleash Freeway 5," Softpress Managing Director Richard Logan said. "With many new features, Freeway 5 is the fastest and most powerful version we've ever released. We think both professional and casual web designers have never had better tools to create rich, standards-compliant websites."
Freeway 5 New Features:
Alongside Freeway's existing features (Master Pages, Freeway Shop and hundreds of other powerful time-saving tools), Freeway 5 has a wide-range of new functionality including:
* CSS menus - create amazing, high-speed dropdown or fly-out navigation schemes in minutes.
* Personalized Blogger templates.
* A suite of Google Actions to allow users to add Google content effortlessly.
* script.aculo.us Actions - a range of sensational dynamic effects: fade, blind, pulsate and more.
* Accessibility provisions, including reports and views to ensure your target audience gets exactly what they need.
* Many other new features and improvements, including sliced background images, background effects, new graphic effects, nested HTML lists, Save Archive, iPhoto import, color labeling, and more.
Pricing and Availability:
Freeway 5 Pro and Freeway 5 Express are both available for purchase and immediate electronic delivery directly from the Softpress Store.
Full versions of Freeway 5 Pro can be purchased for $249 USD, and Freeway 5 Express is $79 USD. Upgrades from Freeway 4 Pro to Freeway 5 Pro are $99, upgrades from Freeway 4 Express to Freeway 5 Express are $49. Owners of Freeway 4 Express can upgrade to Freeway 5 Pro for $149 USD. More pricing details (including student and senior discounts) can be found their website.
Purchasers of Freeway 4 after January 1st, 2008 are entitled to a free upgrade to Freeway 5. Proof of purchase will be required. Please contact sales for more info.
Softpress was founded in 1993 to address the emerging needs of professional publishers and designers for cross-media authoring tools. Freeway, and its extensive feature set, result from Softpress' ongoing efforts to identify and meet the real needs of web designers in today's environment. Softpress creates tools that many people rely on for their day-to-day business, so they listen carefully to their customers. Future upgrades and product offerings will continue to demonstrate Softpress' commitment to quality, leading-edge innovation and customer service.