October 13, 2010 in User Groups (F)
[prMac.com] Elsternwick, Australia - The August/September 2010 issue of the AppleUsers Spotlight is now available for downloading, free of charge, by any Apple User. Our largest issue yet, with a massive 74 pages, is available in PDF format and can be read using Adobe Reader or Preview under Mac OS X, Adobe Reader for Windows and now in iBooks on the iPad, iPhone and iPad touch.
Articles in this issue include;
* The iPad Arrives - One readers experiences with their new 'toy'
* How to choose your ideal iPad and accessories
* Review of 'Brushes' - the 'real' painter's app for the iPad.
* Keyboard Maestro - How one reader uses this handy utility
* Apple's new iPod family & Apple TV
* Museum Victoria Apple Collection
* Software Freedom Day 2010
* How not to buy a digital camera
* Review - TheRecipeManager
* Hot Tip - How to Speed Up iPhone 3G under iOS 4
Our regular columns are also present, including;
* AppleUsers Contest, which a great selection of applications, physical books, ebooks and Squiz Cards all up for grabs
* The Joy of Tech we selected this month sees an iPhone and an Android phone have a chat
* Our resident Spotlight Cook bakes Apples
* What's New for iPhones and What's New for Macs
* What's New for iPad [NEW Section]
* iPad Magic [NEW Regular Column] with two articles - "Kindle" and "iPad Introduction"
* Christopher Breen's Mac 911
* Book Reviews of Take Control of iPad Basics; Take Control of Working with Your iPad; Take Control of Media on Your iPad; Take Control of iPad Networking & Security; and Take Control of Mail on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch
* Discount Corner for members of Apple User Groups; plus Exclusive discounts for AppleUser Spotlight Readers from PICA Australia and Stairways Software.
* AppleUsers Discs of the Month - "Apple Designer Award Winners Collection" & "Toolbox Essentials II"
The 5.2MB PDF can be downloaded, free of charge, from the AppleUsers website.
AppleUsers is a volunteer organization that acts as a central location for the Committees, Editors, Web Masters and other Leaders of Australian Apple User Groups to find useful resources. We represent nearly thirty active Apple Users Groups, based all around Australia, with a combined membership in excess of five thousand Apple Enthusiasts and Users. AppleUsers publishes a 30 page, digital format magazine, every second month for all Apple enthusiasts and eleven times a year we compile a unique Disc of the Month for distribution via participating Australian Apple User Groups. The AppleUsers Spotlight is written and produced by Apple Users for Apple Users and we select the best articles from our own Australian contributors and from the best international sources.