October 15, 2010 in iOS Development (E)
[prMac.com] Chichester, United Kingdom - Independent developer Chris Mayer has announced the launch of CodeStore, an expansion of the service previously offered as part of Chris Mayer Apps. CodeStore offers Xcode template projects to authors looking to publish their work on iPhone or iPad.
The book projects on offer allow authors who may not be familiar with coding or software development to easily create an app from their content. The apps load pages in HTML or JPEG format - so no knowledge of the Objective-C programming language is required to create a book using the templates.
These templates have opened up the App Store book market to a world of authors who had previously got stuck at the hurdle or either learning iOS software development, or paying an expensive price to have an app built for them.
A number of successful books have been launched on the App Store recently which make use of the projects on CodeStore - including "The Things in Ted's Head" by '2 Badgers', "App Success" by 'No Tie, LLC' and "Team Motivation 30 Ways" by 'The Now Bunch, Ltd'.
Advanced Book App Features:
* Import HTML format pages, create using any popular webpage editor
* Use a variety of fonts and styles, and show images within your pages
* Supports loading audio for each page - for spoken pages, or sound effects
* Auto-bookmarking, the user can continue where they left off
* Flip pages forwards and backwards with the swipe of a finger
* Animated page turns, acts like a real book
* Heavily commented code, see exactly how it all works
* Example HTML pages are supplied, simply edit or replace with your own and build the project
* Support for Chinese, Arabic, Hebrew, Japanese and other character sets
* Interactive Contents Page - quickly jump from anywhere to anywhere in the book
* High Resolution artwork for iPhone 4 Retina Display
Story Book App Features:
* Loads pages from JPEG image files
* Swipe between pages
* Animated page transitions
* Supports an unlimited number of pages
* Example book included
* Supports optional sound effect (MP3 format) to play during page transitions
Pricing and Availability:
The Advanced Book App - which loads pages in HTML format is priced at just $27 USD (iPhone version) or $37 USD (iPhone & iPad version). The Story Book App - which loads pages in JPEG format is priced at just $18 USD (iPhone version) or $27 USD (iPhone & iPad version). All four projects can be purchased together for just $47 USD.
Chris Mayer is an iPhone developer based in Chichester, UK. Chris has developed apps in a number of categories, mostly focusing on games, entertainment titles and books. Copyright (C) 2010 Chris Mayer. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.