October 20, 2010 in Utilities (E)
[prMac.com] Foster City, California - Webrich Software today is pleased to announce the release of My Data Usage Pro 1.0 for iPhone and iPod touch devices. My Data Usage Pro enables you to count every last byte you download and hence fend off that scheming telecom provider who is waiting so that you exceed your monthly data limit and he can bilk your hard earned money as outrageously overpriced penalties.
* That ability to know how much data used every month ... excellent
* That peace of mind and the hard earned money savings every month ... perfect indeed
* That ability to fend off the scheming ways of telecom providers ... priceless
The Highlights of this app are:
* The setup is a breeze. All you ever need is to tell (just once.. at the time of setup of app) the monthly data limit (example, 200 for 200 MB monthly data plan) and the monthly billing cycle start date (example, 5 if your billing cycle starts on 5th of every month). Yes, thats all... and the app will take care of the rest.
* This app has in-built algorithm to automatically detect how much data is used when on cellular network like 3G, 4G, Edge, GSM, or any other cellular network as well as how much data is used on the wifi- network (yes, any kind of wifi network, a, b, g, or n or any other kind). You keep switching between wifi and cellular networks, no problem. This app automatically takes care of it and tells you exactly how much data is consumed on either.
* It tracks your monthly data usage and shows the amount used as color coded progress bar. Its green when you are safely within limit, it becomes orange when you are nearing the limit and red when you are just about to cross the limit or have crossed the limit. Its super easy and super useful. If you love details, it also tells you how much data has been used this month and what percentage of data limit is used up.
* A friend borrowed your iPhone/iPod for sometime and you want to check whether he/she downloaded whatnot and messed up your monthly data download limit, no problem. This app has a feature called "Since Last Run" that helps you catch exactly these scenarios and help you find out now rather than at the end of month (after receiving the bill) that how much data was downloaded since you last ran this app.
* If you don't want to be saddled with remembering when to reset the app's monthly data usage counter, no problem. Just enable the monthly reset reminder in the settings. And it will remind you to reset the counter at the start of very billing cycle. Of course you can turn off/on the reminders anytime.
* Like even more details of the data used? No problem. This app has you covered. The feature "Since Last Boot" tells you exactly how much data was downloaded since the device (iPhone/iPod) was last rebooted. Another feature called "Since App installed" counts how much data was downloaded since app was installed on the device. It also tells you how many days are left in the billing cycle so that you can better plan your data usage, use it to the fullest and get maximum worth out of the money paid for monthly data plan.
* Have unlimited data plan but still want to track data usage. No problem. Just put 0 for data-limit. And it will give all details except for percentage of data limit used as its unlimited.
* This app will work with any telecom provider as it gathers all its data from inside the device without ever having to login anywhere.
* US English, French, Greek and Japanese
* iPhone and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 2.7 MB
Pricing and Availability:
My Data Usage Pro 1.0 is only $0.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Utilities category.
Webrich Software is a mobile phone software startup with a bestselling portfolio of apps that is growing day by day. Our focus is to make intuitive apps that give the user the best experience and are backed up with world class customer service. Copyright (C) 2010 Webrich Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.