March 16, 2007 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] March 12th, 2007, Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands--Troi Automatisering today announced the availability of Troi Scout FM 1.0 for FileMaker Pro 8.5.
What is Troi Scout FM?
Troi Scout FM is our new and exciting utility for FileMaker Pro! With Troi Scout FM you can select text in any Mac OS X application and have Troi Scout FM find this text in your database with only a keyboard shortcut.
This is not a plug-in!
The concept of Troi Scout FM might be at first a bit difficult to grasp. It is different from our FileMaker plug-ins, in that it starts from outside FileMaker Pro! You start by selecting some text, for example a name in a document, and let Troi Scout FM find this text in your database with only a keyboard shortcut. We have created a QuickTime demo movie showing how it can be used.
Troi Scout FM is a tool to help you speed up finding the right data in FileMaker Pro. It can open the FileMaker Pro application and perform a script of your choice.
Troi Scout FM allows you for example to:
- select a name in a (Safari) web page and have it open your FileMaker database and display the record of that name directly in your own database
- select an invoice number quoted in an email from a customer and open up the Invoices table, with the invoice showing.
- add any URL to your FileMaker database with an easy keyboard shortcut
- add a record if your selected text is not in the database
- and much more!
Troi Scout FM has the following features:
- it adds extra menus to the Services menu of every application
- it can open your FileMaker Pro application
- it can trigger any script you specify
- you can select the action by a menu or just a keyboard shortcut
- it works with selected text from applications like: Safari, Eudora, Apple Mail, BBEdit, TextEdit, Preview (PDFs), Adobe Acrobat, iTunes, XCode, and many others
- works without copy and paste
- works with standard AppleScripts for easy customization
- the keyboard shortcuts can be customized
- the download comes with an easy installer, an example movie and example FileMaker database
- Troi Scout FM (application only) is localized for English, German and Dutch
Peter Baanen, company president, states: "I'm very proud that we could make this revolutionary tool available for FileMaker users. The concept of the Services Menu may be a bit difficult to grasp, until recently I didn't understand it either! But when you do, the possibilities are amazing. With only a little customization of Troi Scout FM you can have such fast and versatile access to your FileMaker databases!"
We invite you to test drive Troi Scout FM and see what you can do with it!
A fully functional demo version of Troi Scout FM 1.0 is available for downloading at Troi's Web site at:
Troi Scout FM is available for Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later for PowerPC-based Macs or Mac OS X 10.4.5 or later for Intel-based Macs. We have currently no plans for a Windows version.
Troi Scout FM has been tested with FileMaker Pro 8.5 and FileMaker Pro Advanced 8.5. Troi Scout FM should also work with FileMaker Pro 8, FileMaker Pro Advanced 8, FileMaker Pro 7, FileMaker Developer 7 (and even older FileMaker versions) but the AppleScripts may need to be modified, due to changes in AppleScript terminology.
Great Introduction offer
A single user license for Troi Scout FM normally costs US$59 per user. But until April 30th, 2007 it only costs US$39 per user! We also offer a 25 user license for just US$ 299 (regular price US$ 399). You can order licenses from our web site.
Troi Automatisering is leading developer of cross platform FileMaker Pro plug-ins and winner of the FileMaker Pro Excellence Award 2001.
2408 NB Alphen aan den Rijn, The Netherlands