November 15, 2010 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Birmingham, United Kingdom - Apps On The Move today announced a major update to their iPhone/iPad powerful personal wiki and note taking app Trunk Notes. With 2.4.0 users can use Trunk Notes on all their iOS devices and sync their wiki notes, images and sound recordings with Dropbox. Trunk Notes uses the popular Markdown syntax to add formatting to notes and supports images and sound recordings.
Trunk Notes is the ideal solution for users who want to store hundreds or thousands of notes. Notes are linked together and can be browsed just like a website with familiar home, back and forward buttons. The Markdown syntax adds formatting to notes and is made incredibly easy to use with toolbar buttons for headings and lists. Sensitive information can be AES-256 encrypted to prevent unauthorized access to private notes and remains encrypted if backed up or uploaded to Dropbox. The Trunk Notes interface has been designed to give users the power needed to create a complete information system on an iOS mobile device.
Any new or updated notes, images or sound recordings, can be synced to a Dropbox account. Users can add or edit notes on any of their iOS devices running Trunk Notes, or directly on files in Dropbox. Trunk Notes will work out what has changed and update the wiki and Dropbox at the tap of a button. This feature makes the combination of Trunk Notes on the iPhone and iPad a powerful note taking and life organization tool for use on whichever device is at hand.
With Trunk Notes users can:
* Create, edit and search thousands of notes
* Use Markdown to add formatting to notes
* Include text, images and sound recordings
* Link notes together and browse like a website
* Mail notes, including formatting, images and sound recordings
* Encrypt and password protect private notes
* Connect to Trunk Notes running on an iOS device from a web browser to view and edit their wiki
* Sync text, images and sound recordings with Dropbox
* Use the wiki language to add dynamic content to pages
* Backup and import text notes to and from a zip file
* iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later (iOS 4.0 Tested)
* 2.0 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Trunk Notes 2.4.0 is available now in the iTunes App Store in the Productivity category. Trunk Notes is priced at $4.99 (USD) and the same app fully supports both the iPhone and iPad. For more information about Trunk Notes please visit the Apps On The Move website.
Apps On The Move was founded in April 2008 and is committed to creating powerful productivity solutions for the iPhone and iPad. Apps On The Move is the developer behind Trunk Notes, a personal wiki and advanced note taking app, and Go Calc, a tool for creating custom calculators. Copyright (C) 2010 Apps On The Move, Matthew Kennard. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.