April 14, 2008 in Networks and FTP (E)
[prMac.com] Sydney, Australia - Ortabe is delighted to announce the immediate availability of NetFinder 3.1.1. Developed exclusively for Mac OS X Tiger and Leopard, NetFinder is an easy to use, yet advanced file transfer, management and automation tool for remote servers and local files.
Supporting a number of protocols, including FTP, FTP SSL/TLS, SFTP, WebDAV and iDisk, NetFinder incorporates numerous operating system features to offer the richest user experience in a simple to use interface.
* ftp, ftps, ftpsi, sftp, http, webdav, idisk, file ...
* Simple yet powerful bookmarking system
* Label, comment, copy, move, rename, delete, duplicate, new file/folder, zip etc., as easily as the Finder
* Manage web sites with simple or advanced mirroring features
* iWeb friendly
* Automate tasks that take minutes with a single click
Netfinder is built from the ground up using Apple's latest technologies. This new update continues to enhance the performance of NetFinder to ensure utmost flexibility. Version 3.1.1 includes various key improvements, optimized for Mac OS X Leopard and a recommended update for all NetFinder customers.
Some Key New Features in Version 3.1.1:
* Added toolbar support for easy access to often used commands.
* Added a View Menu to hide/show various parts of the listing window, including the toolbar.
* Added private/public URL mapping configuration preferences
* Added "Copy Public URL to Clipboard" feature.
* Added WebView command to open a files public URL in the default browser, eg Safari.
* Added remaining German localization
* Fixed issues causing characters to drop out in a few German localized strings.
* Fixed issue in single window mode which would allow a new window to be created when opening the parent window from the Menu.
* Improved handling of bad replies from certain FTP servers.
English, Japanese, French and German
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 22.2 MB Hard Drive space
* Internet connection
"I strongly recommend NetFinder to anyone who want smooth FTP integration into the Mac interface. The best keeps getting better." - 20 Mar 2008 - MacUpdate review / 5 Stars.
"This is a really nice re-write. Easier support for adding shortcuts, single window browsing, more protocols and support for labels on remote files and folders (plus more). Automator support is going to be very handy." - 6 Feb 2008 - VersionTracker review / 5 Stars.
"NetFinder has always been my workhorse for FTP, the only one I bought back in the pre-OS 10 days. I'm happy this new version is out - compatible more servers, protocols, and current Macs. It has some nice new features & menu changes. It's been a long wait from 2 to 3 but it's a good update." - 30 Jan 2008 - MacUpdate review / 5 Stars
The team at Ortabe are honored by this and will continue to add new features as well as support all the great new technologies that Apple and the internet have to offer. Thank you for taking the time to try out NetFinder. We hope that NetFinder will satisfy all your internet file transfer, management and automation needs.
Pricing and Availability:
* $24.95 USD - 1 User License
* $11.95 USD - Upgrade license from NetFinder 1.x, 2.x
* Multi-user discounts are available beginning at 3 seats.
* Site licenses are available upon request.
* Student licenses and Cross-grades also available.
Located in beautiful Sydney, Australia, Ortabe is a small privately funded company founded in 2006 by Peter Li. With over 12 years commercial product experience, Ortabe's passion is providing the highest quality software with a keen focus on total customer satisfaction. The software Ortabe writes is used by them everyday, so customers can be guaranteed that their products look good, easy-to-use and provide rock solid reliability. Copyright 1997-2008 Ortabe and Peter Li. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries. All other products mentioned are the trademarks of their respective owners.