March 14, 2007 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Monday, March 12, 2007.
24U Software updated 24U Email OSAX, an AppleScript scripting addition for direct e-mail communication. The new version 4.0.1 corrects minor problems and brings stability improvement.
What is 24U Email OSAX?
This scripting addition extends AppleScript by an ability to send electronic mails, without need of any additional application. It allows you to send an e-mail quickly and easily from your scripts (i.e. CGI, Folder Action, database). You can send e-mails via your favorite SMTP host, use all standard e-mail headers (To, Cc, Bcc, From, Reply-To), add custom headers (such as X-Priority), and attach files to your messages.
Primary functions, useful especially for scripters and Mac OS server administrators:
- Send e-mail directly from AppleScript (i.e. CGI, Folder Action)
- No additional application required (i.e. e-mail client)
- Send e-mail directly from databases
- Multiple recipients in all the To, Cc and Bcc fields enabled
- Ability to send attachments
- Support for Apple Single, Apple Double, BinHex and Base-64 encodings
- Support for SMTP authentication
- Ability to authenticate with a POP3 server before connecting to SMTP server
- 24U OSAX Bundler Lite for easy bundling
- Universal binary for both PowerPC and Intel based Macs
- Licence for 1 user is for $27 US, for every additional user is for $14 US!
- Upgrade from previous version is for $10, and $5 for every additional user.
- Developer license is for $257 US.
24U Software offers solutions for people, not for computers!
Since 2000 24U Software has been committed to production of easy to use software that makes working and developing with FileMaker and AppleScript faster, simpler and cheaper. ISO 9001:2000 certified for design, development, customization and implementation of software.