November 30, 2010 in Lifestyle (F)
[prMac.com] Milton Keynes, UK - d3i today announced the release of Momento 2.0, a highly anticipated update to their popular diary/journal writing application for iPhone and iPod touch. Momento allows you to easily record your life through the writing of 'moments' and the collection of your online activity from popular web services. Version 2.0 retains its simplicity and award winning interface, whilst introducing some exciting new features, feeds and enhancements.
With Momento in your pocket you can write your diary 'on the go', capturing moments whenever you find the time. A beautiful interface coupled with powerful tagging, makes it quick and easy to write about your day and browse moments from your past. Momento 2.0 introduces landscape support, gorgeous retina display graphics, a slick new calendar view and improved day navigation to make writing, browsing and reading your diary easier than ever before.
Connect Momento with popular social web services to import and archive your online activity; building a picture of what you were doing, where you were and what was of interest to you.
"As people share more information online over a number of different social networks and web services, they begin to build a timeline of their day to day activities. Momento collects this information and displays it as part of your personal journal." explains Oliver Waters, d3i co-founder. "In minutes Momento can collect and archive years of your online life. The latest version introduces new feeds to capture a more comprehensive record of each day, as well as new features and enhancements to improve the overall diary writing experience."
In addition to Twitter, Facebook, Flickr and Last.fm feeds available in the first version, Momento 2.0 introduces support for Foursquare check-ins, Gowalla check-ins, YouTube uploads, Vimeo uploads and Diggs, as well as your own RSS/Atom web feeds.
All of this great functionality makes Momento 2.0 the easiest way to record, recall and reflect on moments in your life.
- Foursquare check-ins
- Gowalla check-ins
- YouTube videos
- Vimeo videos
- RSS/Atom web feeds
- Backup and restore.
- Retina display ready.
- Full landscape support and new landscape calendar view.
- Support for multiple feed accounts.
- Improved export now features plain text format with feed data and images.
- Day view navigation bar to jump to next and previous day.
- Moments can be added without a timestamp.
- Links in moments can be viewed in the in-app browser.
- Feed items now link to their original source.
- Browse all moments with photos from the 'Tags' tab.
- New moments can now be created from the day view.
- Feeds can now be updated manually.
- Setting to toggle sounds.
- Setting to view moments in ascending or descending order.
- Setting to start calendar on Sunday or Monday.
- Setting to select whether photos are saved to the camera roll.
- Setting to toggle feed updates on launch.
- Improved Twitter feed options (ignore specific #tags, include official retweets)
- Flickr images now load the image browser when tapped.
- Photos are now stored at a higher resolution.
- Improved photo browser with zoom functionality.
- Quick links to contact support and view FAQ.
- Improved GPS accuracy for 'Find my location'.
- Moments can now contain an unlimited amount of photos.
- iPhone or iPod touch with iOS 3.1 or later
- Backup, restore and export requires iOS 4 or later.
- 10.1 MB
Pricing and availability:
Momento 2.0 is a free upgrade for existing users and is available now worldwide. It can be purchased from the iTunes App Store in the Lifestyle category at an introductory price of US$1.99 / £1.19 / 1,59 Euros.
d3i is a small creative software studio based in the UK, focused on designing and developing innovative applications for web and mobile platforms. Copyright (C) 2008-2010 d3i. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.