November 30, 2010 in Announcements (F)
[prMac.com] Elsternwick, Australia - Even larger then our previous issue, with an incredible 88 pages, the October/November 2010 AppleUsers Spotlight is available in PDF format and can be read using Adobe Reader or Preview under Mac OS X, Adobe Reader for Windows and now in iBooks on the iPad, iPhone and iPad touch.
What's included in this issue?
Articles in this issue include:
- The zen of Apple Cubism
- Back to the Mac Media Event Coverage
- iTunes on Sale - Why pay full price for iTunes media, if you can get it cheaper?
- Welcome to the Castle (a story about the recently opened Castle Hill Apple Retail Store)
- PDFpen 5 - a review of an incredibly handy utility for editing PDFs
- AKVIS Sketch - a powerful tool for turning images into Pencil Sketches
- Quick Tip on how to prevent Flash Ads, video from loading with free add-ons
- iPad Remote App to the rescue
- Five Essential Safari Extensions
- Bookmarks in Safari, Part 3 - Managing Bookmarks
- iWork 9.0.4 Gives Pages EPUB Support
- Circus Ponies' NoteBook
- SheepSaver - Emulator for running Mac OS 9 under Leopard and Snow Leopard
Our regular columns are also present, including:
- AppleUsers Contest, which a great selection of applications, physical books, ebooks and Squiz Cards all up for grabs
- Our resident Spotlight Cook makes Apple Pancakes
- What's New for iPhones; What's New for Macs; What's New for iPad
- iPad Magic: "iBookstore" and "The Apps Store"
- Christopher Breen's Mac 911
- Book Reviews of Creating Keynote Slideshows: Mini Missing Manual; Sharing Keynote Slideshows: Mini Missing Manual; Take Control of iPad Basics; Take Control of iTunes 10: The FAQ; Take Control of PDFpen 5; Take Control of iPhone Basics, iOS 4 Edition; and Take Control of Mail on the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch, iOS 4 Edition
- Discount Corner for members of Apple User Groups and Exclusive discounts for AppleUser Spotlight Readers from PICA Australia and Stairways Software.
- AppleUsers Discs of the Month: Enhance My System & Free and Open Source Software for Mac OS X (includes bonus videos)
The AppleUsers Spotlight is written and produced by Apple Users, for Apple Users! It is available to download, free of charge, by users of any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or other Apple product.
AppleUsers.org is a volunteer organization that acts as a central location for the Committees, Editors, Web Masters and other Leaders of Australian Apple User Groups to find useful resources. We represent nearly thirty active Apple Users Groups, based all around Australia, with a combined membership in excess of five thousand Apple Enthusiasts and Users. AppleUsers.org publishes a 30 page, digital format magazine, every second month for all Apple enthusiasts and eleven times a year we compile a unique Disc of the Month for distribution via participating Australian Apple User Groups. The AppleUsers Spotlight is written and produced by Apple Users for Apple Users and we select the best articles from our own Australian contributors and from the best international sources.