December 1, 2010 in Lifestyle (F)
[prMac.com] Portland, OR - Letter to Jane Magazine announces that their latest issue, Late Autumn, is featured as a "New & Noteworthy" Lifestyle app for the iPad in the US iTunes Store. Fashion, art, and music's best are all here in the latest issue of the iPad's first DIY zine: Letter to Jane Magazine. "Late Autumn" is a new kind of magazine for the iPad that brings new innovation and ideas to the medium. Great art and design presented in a new way that feels natural.
"It's truly a creative publication that embraces the future of multi-platform publishing." -PSFK
Featuring interviews and contributions from:
Scott Sternberg (Band of Outsiders)
Chrissie Miller (Sophomore)
Waris Ahluwalia (House of Waris)
"Late Autumn" presents a new way to read magazines on the iPad. A clean and intuitive style that focuses on the content and not on recreating a print experience. The result is an app that feels closer to a natural iPad experience than before with nothing getting in the way between you and the image.
* COPY AND SHARE: Simply press the "Text" button to bring up a pure text version of each article that allows for easy reading and the option to select and copy your favorite quote so you can share with friends.
* EASY TO NAVIGATE: "Late Autumn" was designed specifically to help try and solve the issue with most iPad magazines: clumsy navigation. "Late Autumn" features easy intuitive controls without getting in the way of the reading experience.
* GREAT ART, SMALL SIZE: Most magazine apps file size are way too bloated, but "Late Autumn" provides clever style that is fast and lightweight. The whole app comes in at under 30MB while still featuring some of the best photography and artwork from around the world.
* LINKS: Swipe up from the bottom of the page to bring up a menu that lets you share online, and find more photos and videos of some of your favorite artists.
* AD FREE: Late Autumn comes ad free with your purchase going to support independent publishing.
* INPUT WELCOMED: It may not always be easy to get your ideas across to a publisher, but that is an advantage we have by being a small independent magazine. We want to hear your ideas and make the product better to please our readers. You can contact us within the app or join in the discussion on the website.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 4.2
* An update has already been submitted that will bring support for iOS 3.2
* 20.8 MB
Availability and Pricing:
Letter to Jane Magazine: Late Autumn is available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Lifestyle section. It is available now for $0.99 USD till December then it goes back to the original price of $1.99 (or equivalent amount in other currencies). Any journalists or reviewers who wish to check out the app are welcomed to contact Letter to Jane.
From Portland Oregon, USA, Letter to Jane Magazine is a self published quartley for the iPad that was founded in 2008 by 26 year old artist Tim Moore. Letter to Jane Magazine started as an online magazine that has since moved to print, and now has a permanent home on the iPad. Letter to Jane Magazine first debuted on the iPad in May 2010 and has since been in the top #100 LIfestyle apps in over 40 countries. All Material and Software (C) 2010 Letter to Jane Magazine / All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPod, the iPod logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.