December 3, 2010 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Salt Lake City, Utah - Open Reel Software today is pleased to announce the release of Aether 1.5, a major update to their popular ham radio logging software for Mac OS X. Aether helps amateur radio operators quickly and easily log contacts while on the air, as well as organize, search, and track contacts later. Aether features an attractive, easy-to-use interface, with many powerful logging and operating features.
Version 1.5 sports major new features, including the ability to send and receive online QSL cards via Logbook of The World and eQSL.cc with just one click. Also new are features to help operators keep track of their progress towards operating awards and the ability to export a Google Earth KML file to easily view a 3D map of all the other stations they've contacted on the air.
Major New Features in Aether 1.5:
* Ability to upload contacts to Logbook of The World, and download received confirmations with one click
* Ability to upload contacts to eQSL.cc, and download received confirmations with one click
* Track your progress towards operating awards and see immediately whether a contact is needed for an award
* Ability to export KML files for import into Google Earth, allowing you to see the location of all the stations you've contacted on a 3D map
* Powerful new QSL management features
* Many other new features and improvements
* Instant search of logbooks
* Automatic callbook lookup
* RS-232 based rig control
* QSL label printing
* Full ADIF and Cabrillo import/export support
* Google Maps and QRZ.com integration
* Auto dupe checking
* Distance and beam heading calculation
* Spotlight, Mail, Address Book and AppleScript support
* Mac with a G4, G5 or Intel CPU
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or higher
* Serial rig control requires a USB-to-serial adapter
Pricing and Availability:
Aether 1.5 is a free update for existing customers. New licenses are $39 (USD). A fully-functional demo version of Aether is available free.
Located in Salt Lake City, Utah, Open Reel Software was founded in 2008 by Andrew R. Madsen. Open Reel Software is dedicated to making Mac applications that provide a great user experience. We think software should not only be useful, but also a pleasure to use. With our first application, Aether, we have given Ham Radio Operators a logging application with a clean, intuitive interface and features to make logging their contacts convenient and easy without sacrificing power. All Material and Software (C) 2006-2010 Open Reel Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, Mac, and the Mac logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and other countries.