December 3, 2010 in Medical (F)
[prMac.com] Colombo, Sri Lanka - Prognosis: Your Diagnosis, the first medical case simulation game for iPhones just hit the App store. The game, which is specially designed for doctors, medical students and anyone with a medical background has rocketed to the top 10 medical apps list in the United States in one week and its rankings continue to rise with thousands of downloads.
Aimed at doctors, medical students and nurses, Prognosis : Your Diagnosis is a free iPhone game aimed at making clinical case studies into a fun activity.
You can use Prognosis : Your Diagnosis while waiting for coffee or on the bus and quickly complete a case and learn or recall one or two key medical principles relevant to your day to day clinical practice. It is not just a fun way to learn new facts but a chance to use your analytical skills to see how you can apply what you've learned.
All cases have been checked by a panel of experts and are based on current management guidelines.
- Medical and Surgical case scenarios based on real patients.
- Quick and fun to play : Each case scenario aims to teach something new and can be completed in a few minutes. There are at least one or two practical take home messages which can be applied to clinical practice in each real life example presented.
- New cases are added each week.
- Discuss each case with other players in the in-app group discussion forum.
Reviews in app store:
"Worth a download. In a very short time, learned a few new things already."
"As an academic physician this is a great teaching tool!"
"A fun way to view cases. Great for medical students and also nurses - also great for long time MDs. This is just fun !"
"Tests diagnostic skills though you need a basic knowledge. Discussion section helpful. Light & entertaining format"
* Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.0 or later
* 2.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Prognosis: Your Diagnosis 1.0.3 free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Medical category.
Medical Joyworks was founded by a team of expert programmers and medical professionals with the aim of transforming mobile medicine by combining medicine and entertainment. Copyright (C) 2010 Medical Joyworks. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.