April 28, 2008 in FileMaker (E)
[prMac.com] Fremont, CA - .com Solutions Inc. has released FmPro Migrator Developer Edition 4.14 for MacOS X and Windows. FmPro Migrator Developer Edition 4.14 has been enhanced with an automated 2-pass dependency resolution feature for FileMaker table consolidation conversion projects. Additionally, the XML code defining each layout can now be exported as an XML file, containing all of the embedded images, and layout object definitions. Layout XML files can be post-processed separately and used for projects in which FileMaker Layouts need to be re-purposed for other development projects.
FmPro Migrator is a stand-alone application which converts FileMaker databases to MySQL, Oracle, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, OpenBase, PostgreSQL and FrontBase. SQL Server and Access databases can also be converted to FileMaker 7, 8, 9. FmPro Migrator Developer Edition includes all of the features of FmPro Migrator, but also includes a Table Consolidation feature which performs the automated copying of Tables/Fields, Table Occurrences, Relationships, ScriptMaker scripts and Layouts between FileMaker 8, 8.5 and 9 database files on MacOS X and Windows.
FmPro Migrator Developer Edition 4.14 new features include:
* 2-Pass Dependency Resolution Feature - FmPro Migrator Developer Edition re-creates each FileMaker layout during Pass #1 of the layout creation process. ScriptMaker scripts are then pasted into the new database, thus resolving dependencies between scripts and layouts. Then during the 2nd pass thru the layout creation process, the contents of each layout are deleted and pasted again, resolving dependencies between layout objects and ScriptMaker scripts.
* Layout XML Export - The XML code defining each FileMaker layout contains valuable information defining the contents of each layout. This information includes embedded layout graphics, fields, portals, object sizes, object positions, text font and style information. Having an electronic definition of each layout provides developers with the opportunity to post-process and re-purposes FileMaker layouts for other development projects. Clicking the Layout XML Export button GUI tab in FmPro Migrator, instantly exports all of the layouts XML code as individual files.
* Allowing Duplicate Layouts During Batch Captures - FmPro Migrator Developer Edition now allows duplicate Layout names to be entered when performing the batch capture of layouts. During a typical multi-file migration project, it is likely that individual FileMaker files will contain layouts having the same name. These duplicate layouts can now be reviewed as a group within the Layouts tab and renamed appropriately by the developer.
* Simplified Layout Creation - Layouts which are created via the batch mode processing are now created with only a body layout part. Layout part definitions are not stored within the layout XML code copied via the clipboard, therefore the definition and sizes of layout parts must be changed manually by the developer. It is quicker and easier to add new layout parts to existing layouts, instead of trying to remove unneeded parts which already contain exiting layout objects. This change was made within the QuicKeys and WinAutomation shortcuts embedded within FmPro Migrator Developer Edition.
* Bug Fixes - Bug fixes with this release include: Fixes for Access table names containing spaces when migrating from Access to FileMaker, remapping objects when there are 0 ScriptMaker scripts, display of Relationship Predicate details fields, additional shortcut delays when pasting FileMaker layouts, and checking for the existence of the Edit Relationship dialog when adding relationships.
Pricing and Availability:
Existing FmPro Migrator Developer Edition customers may upgrade to FmPro Migrator Developer Edition 4.14 at no charge. The single-user licensing includes a copy of FmPro Migrator Developer Edition for both Mac OS X (Universal Binary) and Windows platforms. FmPro Migrator customers may upgrade to FmPro Migrator Developer Edition for $100 USD. A functional demo version of FmPro Migrator is available.
.com Solutions Inc. develops multi-platform graphical applications supporting FileMaker, Oracle, MySQL, Access, SQL Server, Sybase, DB2, PostgreSQL and FrontBase developers. FmPro Script Diff, compares and edits FileMaker ScriptMaker scripts, FmPro Layout Diff, compares FileMaker Layouts. FmPro Migrator migrates FileMaker databases to and from FileMaker. Installgen automates over 100 Oracle install procedures on Solaris, Windows, Linux and MacOS X. Repgen replicates Oracle data in a multi-master configuration on Solaris, Windows, Linux and MacOS X. For more information about .com Solutions Inc., please visit their website.