December 7, 2010 in FileMaker (E)
[prMac.com] Seattle, Washington - SeedCode today is pleased to announce that the new version of Zulu now syncs FileMaker events with Google Calendar. Zulu is an extension for FileMaker Server that lets users see and edit FileMaker data from iCal or Google Calendar, as well as from the calendars on their iPhones or iPads. There are no scripts to run when you edit records, and no need to manually keep iCal and FileMaker in sync: with Zulu, iCal is reading your FileMaker records from the server, just like FileMaker does.
"Zulu seamlessly syncs with iCal, as well as the calendars built into iPhones and iPads," writes David Wheelock or Desktop Services, Inc. "I was a beta tester for Zulu, and I can say it works flawlessly in my own solution fmDocMan (soon to be released). I use Zulu every day."
"The exciting news is that SeedCode has extended Zulu to sync with Google Calendars! This really blows the door open in terms of accessibility to the masses. You will now be able to sync calendars with virtually any PC or Mac, smartphone or tablet."
* Shows your FileMaker data beside your other calendars in iCal or Google Calendar
* Zulu filters allow you to publish just part of a FileMaker table ...
* ... or publish a single table as more than one calendar- offering calendars per user, per status, etc.
* Respects FileMaker access privileges
* Optionally run post-edit and pre-delete scripts in FileMaker when changing records in iCal
* Changes made in iCal, iPhone, or iPad are instantly visible in FileMaker Pro
* Control the sync frequency between FileMaker and Google Calendar, as often as once a second
Located in metro Atlanta, 360Works, a FileMaker Platinum Business Alliance member, has been providing FileMaker-based solutions for more than a decade. The company is a leading developer of both shrink-wrapped and custom FileMaker database design solutions for clients such as NASA, Pixar, Bernard Hodes Group, US Marines, Make-A-Wish foundation and others. The company is credited for its forward-thinking solutions, dedication and unparalleled client service. 360Works is the leader in building custom FileMaker Pro plugins to your specifications.
* Zulu requires FileMaker Server 9 or higher and works with any FileMaker table containing dates
Pricing and Availability:
Zulu starts at $299 (USD) for publishing up to 5 calendars to any jnumber of users. A demo, more info, and a video of Zulu in action is available at our web site. Zulu is a collaboration between SeedCode and the brilliant developers at 360Works.
SeedCode has been building FileMaker calendars since 2001 and is recognized as a leader in design, documentation, and development best practices. SeedCode's John Sindelar is a returning DevCon speaker and one of the organizers of Pause on Error. He received the 2004 FileMaker Excellence Award for 'Developing Outstanding Technical Resources for the FileMaker Pro Community' and SeedCode Calendar was awarded the FileMaker Excellence Award for 'Solution of the Year' in 2010.