December 9, 2010 in Publishing (E)
[prMac.com] Cincinnati, Ohio - Today, Taco Software released Latexian 1.0, a revolutionary, new LaTeX editor for Mac OS X. Latexian's signature feature is Live Preview, which allows you to see how your document typesets while you are editing it - the PDF preview updates automatically! With Live Preview, you no longer need to interrupt your workflow and manually run the LaTeX typesetter. Latexian does all of the work for you in the background. Latexian can be used with the LaTeX and XeTeX typesetters, and also includes support for working with BibTeX documents. Here are some of the other features included in Latexian:
* Projects: Select a folder to open it as a project in Latexian. You can easily switch between files, view images, and perform file operations all without leaving Latexian.
* Navigator: An auto-updated listing of chapters, sections, and included files in your document for quick navigation. You can add your own bookmarks, too!
* Code Folding: Easily collapse text segments, including disclosure triangles to fold chapters, sections, etc.
* Error Tokens: Errors from the typesetter appear as tokens right next to the line of text where the error occurred.
* Smart Spell Checking: The Latexian spell-checker checks your text content but ignores your LaTeX commands and arguments.
* Console: Latexian includes an interactive console for presenting the output of the typesetter and accepting input requested by the typesetter. Error messages are hyperlinked to the document location where the error occurred.
* Code Completion, Tabbed Documents, Code Clips, Batch Find, and much more.
Pricing and Availability:
Latexian costs $24.95 (USD) per license, and can be downloaded from Taco Software's website. Latexian requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later. A free, 30-day trial is available.
Taco Software was founded by Raj Doshi in 2002 with the goal of delivering quality software for Mac OS X. Taco Software's first product, Taco HTML Edit, has led the way among HTML editors with features such as Live Preview, Syntax Checking, and the Component Library. In 2010, Taco Software released its second product, Latexian. Latexian is a revolutionary front-end for the LaTeX typesetting language, providing features such as Live Preview, Code Folding, Navigator, and more. Copyright (C) 2010 Taco Software. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo and Macintosh are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.