May 6, 2008 in Software (E)
[prMac.com] Lewiston, Maine - Advenio LLC is delighted to announce MacGourmet 2.3, their popular cooking and recipe organizer for Mac OS X. MacGourmet allows Mac-loving cooks to quickly and easily organize their recipes, wine, and cooking notes, all using a Mac-friendly user interface that is both familiar and easy to use.
Think of MacGourmet as "iTunes for Recipes". Easily browse an entire collection, or build custom lists for categories, such as appetizers or desserts. MacGourmet also includes web publishing, clipping from web pages, and web site importing. It's one of the few Mac recipe applications to offer nutritional analysis.
Additionally, MacGourmet offers enhanced extensibility through the use of optional plug-ins. This allows users to add on those features, such as the new Mealplan plug-in, that adds easy to use meal planning and menus.
"Meal planning is something that a lot of people have been asking for since the early releases of MacGourmet" said Michael Dupuis, the creator of MacGourmet. "The new Mealplan plug-in finally adds this set of features for those that have been waiting for it."
Version 2.3 adds a revised shopping list editor, new plug-in framework, new display and print themes, along with many other improvements and enhancements.
MacGourmet also offers the following features:
* Publish collections to .Mac and WebDAV accounts
* Flexible options for printing recipes, including printing on index cards
* Easy import of recipes found on the web using clipping, drag and drop and cut and paste
* One-step recipe importing from many popular recipe sites
* A sample recipe pack for first time users of 80 recipes
* Shopping list export to HandyShopper and SplashShopper on a PDA, or to iPod
* An extra large Chef's view for preparing recipes in the kitchen
* Import of MasterCook, MasterCook Mac and Meal-Master recipes
* Flexible recipe scaling
* Metric conversion
* Many ways to search; including the recipe box search field, find, cupboard find and potluck find
* Smart lists that keep themselves updated automatically
* Chef's Reference of commonly used cooking information
MacGourmet is available for download as a free demo that can be used 20 times before expiring. During each session, every feature can be used, with limits only on the number of times an action can be utilized during each session.
* Mac OS X Version 10.4 Tiger or later
* Universal Binary for PowerPC and Intel
* 15.5 MB Hard Drive space
* Internet connection
Pricing and Availability:
MacGourmet 2.3 can be purchased for $24.95 USD (per single computer license), or by using the built-in purchasing module. A full-featured, trial version can be downloaded. This version 2.3 release is a free and recommended update for all customers.
Located in Lewiston, Maine, Advenio, LLC is an independent software vendor founded by Michael Dupuis in 2001. With a focus on the Mac platform, Michael founded Advenio with the intention of developing unique and user-friendly applications. Copyright 2001-2008 Advenio, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, are registered trademarks of Apple Computer in the U.S. and/or other countries.