January 4, 2011 in Networks and FTP (F)
[prMac.com] Presenta Ltd. is pleased to announce the new release of iGetter version 2.8.5 for Mac OS X. iGetter is a powerful, full featured download manager and accelerator. iGetter can greatly improve the speed of your downloads using segmented downloading. In addition it allows auto resume on broken downloads, queue filtering, site explorer, history list, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, auto redial on broken connection, auto hang-up and shut down on completion, and much more.
New in version 2.8.5:
- Optimized for Safari 5, Google Chrome and Chromium browsers.
- Added contextual menu integration with Google Chrome and Chromium browsers.
- Added support in iGetter Browser Plug-In for Google Chrome and Chromium browsers.
- Added support for Google Chrome and Chromium cookies file format.
- Added new options in the "Item Settings" window for "Referrer", "User Agent", "Send Referrer" and "Rename upon redirection". The ability to set these options individually for any download could help with some servers, that require exact User Agent or Referrer, etc.
- Added new option in Advanced Preferences "Waiting items take download slots", which improves processing of the iGetter download queue, when downloading from slow or restrictive servers. Try this option if the default algorithm is ineffective and results in many waiting downloads.
- Added new option in Advanced Preferences "Override the individual download settings", which causes downloads to use the default User Agent, Referrer, etc., instead of the individual options set through the Item Settings dialog.
- Added new predefined User Agent strings for Safari 5, Google Chrome, Opera 10, QuickTime 7, etc.
- Added a new option in Advanced Preferences, to quit iGetter instead of shutting down the computer, etc., when a scheduled event occurs.
- Added support for the "application/force-download" MIME type.
- Some fixes with the German localization.
- Fixed an incompatibility with some new MacBook models, which could cause iGetter serial number changes in some rare cases.
- Fixed a bug with improperly set "Referrer" HTTP header entity in some rare occasions.
- Fixed a bug that prevented, in some cases, iGetter to quit when the system is shutdown or restarted.
- Fixed a bug with the batch download function, that caused improper file naming of downloads with same names in the URLs.
- Fixed an incompatibility with Opera 10.50 and later, which caused the iGetter contextual menu to function improperly in the browser.
- Mac OS X 10.2.x/10.3.x/10.4.x/10.5.x/10.6.x; Intel- or PowerPC-based Mac
Pricing and Availability:
iGetter is shareware. iGetter can be evaluated for as long as it's needed to decide if it suits the user's needs. All registered users will get free support by email and free upgrades in the major 2.x versions.
The registration fee for iGetter is $25 US.
The International version of iGetter includes: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Turkish, Japanese, Russian, Hungarian, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, Polish and Portuguese (Brazil) localizations.
Presenta Ltd. was founded in March 1993 in Bulgaria (Europe). We are a computer company, which deals with software development. Since 1993 the company has been a basic software developer of networking, multimedia and accounting systems for Apple Macintosh computers.