January 5, 2011 in Education (E)
[prMac.com] Kuringen, Belgium - Kidimedia brings collaborative education of 3-7 year olds to the iPad. A variety of educational games like jigsaw puzzles, counting and reading games, logical brainteasers and more were designed to entertain, stimulate and challenge young children.
What sets Kidimedia apart, is its ability to automatically download extra games from the Kidimedia website, so there's always something new to play. Parents and teachers can create and share these games using user-friendly wizards. For example, parents could create a jigsaw puzzle using family pictures, or teachers could create a counting game using pictures that match the theme they're working with a certain week.
Games are categorized with a 1-3 star rating system, allowing the child to intuitively select games which match his skill level.
The game types currently included in Kidimedia are:
* Jigsaw puzzle: build spatial reasoning and logical skills
* Connect the dots: learn numbers and the alphabet
* Collage: stimulate creativity and fantasy by making stunning pictures in lots of different settings
* Shades: develop abstraction skills and encourage attention to detail by matching objects with their shade
* Windows: spark the problem solving skills of your toddler: open windows and peak at what's underneath; guess what the entire picture is
* Match: practice math, reasoning and more by associating related images
* Order: learn how the world around us works by ordering sequences of images
"We opted to create Kidimedia on the iPad because it is an intuitive device for young children. It allows them to focus on the journey unfolding. The iPad is brilliant in its simplicity. Kids can pick it up and immediately understand how to navigate and use the device with little guidance. The iPad offers portability not available in other devices. Through the Kidimedia app, the iPad becomes a go-anywhere, all day learning device that allows kids to explore, learn and play at their own pace and in their own way" said Xavier Van Elsacker, co-founder of Kidimedia VOF.
Kidimedia contains 150 games of the 7 different types listed above, with more being added constantly.
* Compatible with iPad
* Requires iOS 3.2 or later
* 37.5 MB
Pricing and Availability
Kidimedia is $2.99 (USD) for the iPad and is available worldwide exclusively from the iTunes App Store in the Education section.
Kidimedia VOF is a technology company developing educational software for iOS. Copyright (C) 2011 Kidimedia VOF. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.