January 6, 2011 in Educational (E)
[prMac.com] Coon Rapids, Minnesota - Lomation, creator of Teacher Studio, today is pleased to announce the general availability of Teacher Studio for the Mac App Store. Teacher Studio is a set of unified tools that was designed by a teacher to help other teachers with their daily tasks. With tools such as a grade book, attendance "sheets", lesson planner, student management, seating assignments, schedules and more, Teacher Studio will simplify their tasks and keep them stay organized.
"With Teacher Studio, everything you need to do is just 3 clicks or less away. No more clicking through layers upon layers of menus to simply record grades," said Koua Lo, Lomation founder and CEO. "Simplicity and elegance were key requirements when Teacher Studio was still in its design phase. After our research of competing products out there in the market, we ran across two common themes that plagued our competitors. They were mostly confusing to use and most require their users to navigate through convoluted menu structures. We immediately made it a top priority to design Teacher Studio to be easy to use so that teachers can focus on what really matters - teaching."
"What also surprised us was that there isn't a product our there that offers all of the common tools that teachers use on a daily basis," said Pa Houa Lee, Teacher, Lomation founder and Chief Architect. "Everywhere we looked, we either find just a grade book, a lesson planner, or a scheduler/calendaring system. Teacher Studio is currently the only product that offers all of the tools that teachers usually use daily in one beautiful package."
"As a busy elementary school teacher, I often meet with parents. To be able to quickly show parents which homework is missing or how their students are doing academically is a huge time saver. It used to take me about 10 minutes to prepare for a meeting. Now I can be ready in just a few seconds." - Pa Houa Lee, Teacher, Lomation founder and Chief Architect.
With Teacher Studio, Lomation's goal is to have a product that can eventually meet the needs of most teachers, not only in the United States, but around the world. Lomation has an open-door policy and invite users to send in any feature requests or suggestions that they have. Over a dozen user-suggested features had already been implemented since Teacher Studio was released in fall of 2009, and Lomation looks forward to hearing more from its users to better improve its product. Teachers choose Teacher Studio because of the following benefits (not all are listed):
* Elegant. Teacher Studio borrows designs and techniques from Mac OS X itself to keep the look and feel familiar and easy to use.
* Power. Teacher Studio's power is in its simplicity. Once the classes and students are created, Teacher Studio takes care of the rest. When a homework, test or quiz (HTQ) is created, Teacher Studio automatically knows which students belong to that class and HTQ. Teacher Studio can even automatically change the attendance sheet based on the time of the day.
* Simplicity. Teacher Studio uses checkboxes and simple edit fields that automatically saves whenever changes are made, saving users from having to find and click on a save button. Teacher Studio also provides a quick view (Desktop module) that allow teachers to quickly glance at what open HTQs they have and which HTQs are due. With complex algorithms and routines hidden from the users, what used to take minutes and hours can now be accomplished within a few mouse clicks.
* Reports. The built-in reports makes it easy to prepare attendance and grade reports for whatever occasion is at hand. Meeting with a parent in 5 minutes? With a few mouse clicks, teachers can bring up the appropriate student data (such as attendance, grades, missing homework, tests or quizzes) in seconds.
* Unity. Teacher Studio is the only standalone product (not web-based) that includes all of the tools that teachers need in one package. Users no longer have to buy, learn how to use, and open up multiple software applications.
* Open-door Feature Request. Lomation firmly believes that Teacher Studio should work the way teachers work. As such, users are encouraged and welcome to send in any feature request that they might have to help improve Teacher Studio. There are a lot of teachers around the world, and each teacher does things a little differently from the next. Lomation recognizes that fact and aims to make Teacher Studio ultimately usable by at least 90% of the teachers around the world "out of the box."
Pricing and Availability:
As a celebration of Mac App Store launch, Teacher Studio is available for $59.99 (USD) until the end of February 2011. After February 2011, the price of Teacher Studio will revert back to its original price of $79.99. Users are also encouraged to download a 30-day demo to see if Teacher Studio meets their needs before making their purchase(s). For users who are still using PowerPC based computers and/or are running Mac OS X 10.4 or Mac OS X 10.5, they will need to download our universal binary and make their purchases directly from our website instead of the Mac App Store.
Lomation provides Teacher Studio, a suite of tools for teachers to manage their daily tasks. Lomation was found in 2009 and is based in Coon Rapids, Minnesota. Copyright (C) 2009-2011 Lomation. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod, iPad and Mac OSX are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.