March 22, 2007 in Software (F)
[prMac.com] This update includes the following enhancements:
* SpamSieve now works with Mozilla Thunderbird.
* Improved detection of image spams and phishing messages.
* Made various message analysis improvements to increase the accuracy of the Bayesian filter.
* AppleScripting the whitelist and blocklist is much more efficient for scripts that access a lot of rules.
* Improved compatibility with pre-release versions of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
* When installing a plug-in for a mail program, SpamSieve now opens the relevant page of the Apple Help to help you complete the installation.
* The alert when SpamSieve has auto-updated its Apple Mail plug-in is now non-modal, so it doesn't interfere with spam filtering.
* The Software Update checker now works behind an HTTP proxy, and the auto-updater is now compatible with FileVault.
* Can now import addresses from the incorrectly encoded .vcf files that are generated by recent versions of Address Book.
* Growl notifications are now enabled by default.
* The Apple Mail plug-in is more robust.
* Fixed some small memory leaks.
* Made some performance optimizations to the message tokenizer.
Requirements: Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later (10.4 or later recommended)
Price: $30; free update for owners of previous versions
Mac OS X Applications