January 17, 2011 in Sports (F)
[prMac.com] San Jose, CA - 9thDan.com has announced the release of BreakFall Basics, a comprehensive iPhone app for learning the fundamental techniques of breakfalling. Breakfall techniques are skills that many martial artists use to reduce the impact sustained from a fall or a throw. Proper breakfall techniques can help minimize and prevent injuries from violent falls in physical confrontation or everyday accidents.
The video lessons in this program are demonstrated by Master Hye Kyoung Kim of Eagle Talon Martial Arts Academy. The program contains the exact curriculum taught in Master Kim's class to help students develop the proper reactions to falls and throws. The video instruction in this program contains comprehensive techniques, as well as practice exercises to help one to condition and prepare for the necessary movements involved.
Viewers will learn:
- Theory & explanation of Front Breakfall technique
- Step by step Front Fall physical conditioning exercises
- Explanation of the Back Breakfall technique
- Step by step Back Fall practice exercises
- Theory behind the Side Breakfall technique
- Comprehensive training exercises for Side Fall
- Explanation of Front Rolling Breakfall
- Step by step training exercises for Front Rolling
Program contains 170 MB of videos optimized for the iPhone and iPod touch.
* Compatible with iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad
* Requires iOS 3.1.3 or later
* 173 MB
Pricing and Availability:
BreakFall Basics 1.1 is only $2.99 USD (or equivalent amount in other currencies) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Sports category.
9thDan.com is a collaboration between martial arts instructors, practitioners, and enthusiasts. Its members produce original, innovative, and high quality martial arts training media including DVDs, online videos, and iPhone apps. 9thDan.com's products are built by martial artists, for martial artists. Copyright (C) 2011 9thDan.com. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.