January 19, 2011 in Productivity (E)
[prMac.com] Dublin, Ireland - Announcing that Marius Mihalec, the developers of PC Monitor, has released their latest update for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad users. PC Monitor allows users to remotely manage and monitor tasks, processes and more for up to ten computers, even when the computer is not directly accessible by internet. Both connections have encrypted connections for security and users receive push notifications if their computer is started up or shut down. This 1.3.1 update offers even more PC remote power, such as Wake on LAN to a single or group of computers.
PC Monitor is an amazing application that allows users total remote control of up to five computers. It covers most every task that a PC's scheduler runs, as well as monitoring capabilities which keep users informed of several statuses, processes and who is logged into their network.
Jobs such as viewing running processes, starting or stopping a task, running commands, starting up, shutting down or sending the computer into hibernation, can all be done from within the PC Monitor app at any time, even when the computer is not directly accessible via the internet.
The app's secure SSL connection protects and facilitates communication between a user's mobile device and personal computer. System commands can be sent from an iDevice but only by people whom the user has authorized to do so. Additional security is offered in the push notifications that are issued to alert the user when a computer is being shut down or booted up.
Below is a list of just some of the features and functions found in PC Monitor:
* Easy-use interface
* Universal, works on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch
* Remotely monitor and manage up to 5 PC's and servers
* View the CPU usage, available memory, hard disks and network interfaces status
* View and manage services (you can start, stop, pause and restart a service)
* View and manage running processes (you can kill processes)
* Run any command from a Command Prompt
* Event Log viewer
* View and log off logged in users
* Run any task available in your scheduler
* Restart, wake up, shutdown, power off, suspend and send the computer into hibernation
* Fully secured SSL connection for computer and mobile device
* Only selected authorized mobile devices on your account can send system commands
* Push notifications alert you to the starting and shutting down of your computer
* Push notifications when a monitored service has stopped
* Supports Windows XP and later
* Supports Windows 2003 and later
* Send commands to multiple computers in the same group
* Sort processes by CPU, memory or name
* Great for personal or business use
PC Monitor's latest update brings the app to version 1.3.1. Users are now able to harness even more remote computer and server management power via their iPhone, iPod touch and iPad. Features such as the command prompt provide support for sending commands to PC's. Additionally, Wake on LAN, process sorting and restart services, as well as event log support, have recently been added, with more features coming soon to PC Monitor. While PC Monitor includes monitoring for up to five computers, users are able to monitor more by purchasing a subscription.
* iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
* Requires iOS 4.0 or later
* 2.7 MB
Pricing and Availability
PC Monitor 1.3.1 is only $4.99 (USD) and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Productivity category. Promo codes are available for qualified reviewers. Please specify the website or blog you represent when making your request.
Marius Mihalec specializes in developing sleek monitoring tools for PCs and mobile devices. PC Monitor is an example of Marius Mihalec putting power into the hands of users. Copyright (C) 2011 Mobile-App-Marketing-Makeover & Edward Turner. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.